Turn on thread page Beta

Just got offered a place at Birkbeck, UoL :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I have just had an interview, which lasted about 10 mins and it went 'OK'. I was surprised that he offered me a place straight away, I didn't know how to react, I just said 'thank you'. There were two men - the director and some other guy and I was like 'oh my God, two men, I am NOT going to survive', but it was OK. They picked on some stuff I had talked about in my application and I didnt expect that, so my answers were not well informed at all. In this aspect I did bad. They really seemed to want to get into a heated debate, which was weird and not what I expected. My interview for post-graduate course wasn't like this, so I didn't expect it for an Undergrad course.

So, I came away with a firm offer and he said I should get something in the mail soon. I am excited, however this course isn't my first choice (first choice being University of Westminster), but its a good back up, so I am happy

ReputationRep:
    Great.

ReputationRep:
    I thought Birkbeck was a better uni than Westminister - though I guess that depends on the course

ReputationRep:
    Technically it is, but I want to go to Westminster, because it is the only University in Londond that offers IR-Arabic combi, with opportunity to study in Middle East for a year - birkbeck doesn't offer that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neelam1982)
    Technically it is, but I want to go to Westminster, because it is the only University in Londond that offers IR-Arabic combi, with opportunity to study in Middle East for a year - birkbeck doesn't offer that.
    I thought that you had to wait until August 20th... when clearing starts?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.