Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, basically, do you think the Monarchy in Britain is a good or bad thing? Are they a representation of our culture or an anachronism?

Please try and avoid political arguments unless you feel it is vital to your reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you just read one of the other million threads previously written on this subject, or even one of the discussions on the issue running at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Why can't you just read one of the other million threads previously written on this subject, or even one of the discussions on the issue running at the moment?
    Sure thing. My sincerest apologies for having not succeeded in finding the answer when I used the search function.

ReputationRep:
    Use the search tool dude

ReputationRep:
    In fairness the search function is a bit ****.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I don't even know why they are there or what they even do, I have never been educated about it.

ReputationRep:
    I think only the people who support them should pay for them.

ReputationRep:
    Can we not resurrect dead and unnecessary threads, please? This should probably be closed considering.

ReputationRep:
    For this question to have any pertinence at all, one of you will have to list for me a series of manners by which our constitutional monarchy interferes directly with how you live your life. The point is that it doesn't. You want to fuel your egalitarian superfluous ideals, and so look for theoretical, unsubstantial substitutes for reason. Why can't you just accept that the monarchy exists, it's tried and tested, it works, and will remain intact? Why can't you do that?

ReputationRep:
    She (the queen) is illegitimate. Apparently, according to one documentary shown some ago, the real monarchy is a family living in Australia or something. When questioned about whether they want to claim the throne they declined.

ReputationRep:
    keep the monarchy. having the military swear allegiance to the crown instead of the state is a very handy little security measure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Can we not resurrect dead and unnecessary threads, please? This should probably be closed considering.
    Yeah, I agree. This thread should be closed, or at least a sticky should be made. I just used the search function and found many such threads on exactly the same topic.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thread closed due to inactivity.

Please note however that repeated comments with regards to the search function are not conducive to debate or discussion. There is no other thread discussing this topic at the moment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.