Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's not very often that Manchester United play matches against Blue Square and Conference teams.

You're standards are way too high dear.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=there's too much love]
    (Original post by Jeester)
    a) Just wait mon!
    I only just got my first girlfriend and I think she's the love of my life! I never want to leave her and I think I found her because I waited. She's perfect, so just wait and he'll come along.
    QUOTE]

Out of cuiriosity do you think that we are constantly changing. That is to say, you can not jump into the same river twice, for by the time you have gotton out of it and jumped into it again, it has changed, the bottom erroded a bit more, the particles of cause always being in motion, some of the water has left the river other parts of gone into the river.

*IF* you agree that we as people are constantly changing, then will she always remain perfect? Will your view of perfection remain what it is? Is anything truely permanent?
    You're into philosophy? Never would have guessed. I suppose, no, I don't agree with your theory. A river, once it is a river, will always remain the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monpetitchou)
    Haha. You know, you don't seem too bad. I mean, once you get past the arrogance, you're quite funny.
    Yes, I find grammar to be something that we cannot get wrong! It irritates me greatly when someone who is a native English speaker makes more mistakes than a foreigner!

Ah well, that is life.
    You're wrong again. It's not arrogance, it's just awesomeness. And I'm not quite funny, I'm very funny.

Though I do agree with you about grammar and spelling. People should make an effort to learn their own language. You know what bugs me the most? Apostrophes in plurals. Don't do it. It's not complicated.

By the way, I'm really quite wrong for you, which makes me even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    It is really great - finished it finally last week and now I can't WAIT for the film!
    When's the film being released?

Wasn't it really depressing to read?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    By the way, I'm really quite wrong for you, which makes me even better.
    Explain?

(Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    Maybe it's because you are too fat ?
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif according to that other thread.
    It really would have been much funnier if you left out the 'http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif according to that other thread.'!

ReputationRep:
    because you have weird interests? that most normal teenage people wont be interested in maybe? also because your too fussy?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's because you are ******* mental.

ReputationRep:
    What?
    Your preferences..they are quite detailed.
    How come you like those traits in a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    When's the film being released?

Wasn't it really depressing to read?
    Info on the film!

Yeah most of the first half at least is incredibly depressing, but only inside the book I found, not affecting how you feel once you put it down (if you manage to draw yourself away)!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
    I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
    Haha
    Id say, start being less picky and date a few guys, just for the feeling and the experience, and also it is often the people you less expect to like and are the least like you that you end up falling for. Im sure your not hideous, you are just unrealistic and really picky.

ReputationRep:

You're into philosophy? Never would have guessed. I suppose, no, I don't agree with your theory. A river, once it is a river, will always remain the same.

I don't have ownership of the theory.

And it isn't the same river in two differnet points, the reason has been stated, all you've done is make a statement of disagreement but not refuted my point

Different parts of the river will be erroded, water molecules will be in different places, so on so forth. If you could refute this and say how the river is pemanent and always the same, or at least the same until it stops being a river, I'd be grateful, I look forward to your reply.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I find grammar to be something that we cannot get wrong! It irritates me greatly when someone who is a native English speaker makes more mistakes than a foreigner!

Ah well, that is life.
    You just sound annoying to me.

I must say, I fit all the physical features apart from being unconditionally in love with you, and I'm certain there's lots and lots of folk out there, just the same. Your problem is your expectation levels.

A) No one will be irrevocably and unconditionally in love with you before they meet you.

B) Believe it or not, there are nice guys out there that don't like classical music, and that think poetry is a waste of time. Broaden your spectrum.

C) Your 16

It sounds to me as if you've just read the twilight series and are after Edward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Your preferences..they are quite detailed.
    How come you like those traits in a guy?
    I like elegance and beauty, but not in an androgynous way. I think it's charming and different, quirky almost. I like it when people are different from the norm...
    It shows strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 73337)
    It really would have been much funnier if you left out the 'http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif according to that other thread.'!
    I'm sorry, please forgive me?
    :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
    I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
    Haha
    You want a boy into poetry and classical music with amazing looks? You've had offers... omg you must be hideous :rolleyes: No, seriously, too picky looking for mr right, and hoping for some teen symapthy... grow up please and just choose a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MearsM)

I must say, I fit all the physical features apart from being unconditionally in love with you, and I'm certain there's lots and lots of folk out there, just the same. Your problem is your expectation levels.

A) No one will be irrevocably and unconditionally in love with you before they meet you.

B) Believe it or not, there are nice guys out there that don't like classical music, and that think poetry is a waste of time. Broaden your spectrum.

C) Your 16

It sounds to me as if you've just read the twilight series and are after Edward.
    I've not read the books, but, in a nutshell, I am kind of looking for Edward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MearsM)

C) Your 16

True... but 99% of guys our age hate classical music. So she's screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Out of cuiriosity do you think that we are constantly changing. That is to say, you can not jump into the same river twice, for by the time you have gotton out of it and jumped into it again, it has changed, the bottom erroded a bit more, the particles of cause always being in motion, some of the water has left the river other parts of gone into the river.

*IF* you agree that we as people are constantly changing, then will she always remain perfect? Will your view of perfection remain what it is? Is anything truely permanent?
    Good questions, I think that some people change, and that people only change to adapt to their environment, so as long as I can predict what will happen to her personality when an environment changes I can chose the best direction for us, (Naturally her input will be important too!) but also I think we can follow the age old clique, "only time will tell" and your questions are unanswerable. We'll see, but for now I see nothing coming in the near future for anything to change our personalities or relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I like elegance and beauty, but not in an androgynous way. I think it's charming and different, quirky almost. I like it when people are different from the norm...
    It shows strength.
    Right, but does the person have to have dark hair, pale skin and brown eyes to fit your definition of beauty?

No one is "normal" to be fair...but, I understand where you are coming from..its an admirable wish..
    but your preferences, and the fact that you have already turned down guys means you're picky..seriously picky :P..Like..I dont have pale skin so I wouldnt even pass the first hurdle :'(...*sniff* andwewouldhavebeensowonderfultog ether :bawling:..

Your ex. did he have all those traits you desire?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.