Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monpetitchou)
    I've not read the books, but, in a nutshell, I am kind of looking for Edward
    Lol let me know when you find him. Seriously though just lower your expectations. And don't go out looking for someone. I used to have a rough idea of what I wanted in someone but then I met my boyfriend :love: who I guess is kinda like Edward, but he doesn't play piano or like classical music. But oh well, he's amazing in his own way. And I met him when I was least looking for a relationship, and even after being together for over a year, we have a great relationship as we're realistic. You're going to college soon, you'll met LOADS of new guys there. So keep a look out

(P.S. nice A level choices, I looked at your profile :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're picky ?? I don't think you're gonna find any teenage boys who want to be unconditionally in love with you. And do you really want to find the perfect person at this age?? Maybe it's just me, but I want to experience stuff a bit first. Maybe you should too??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    shutup mate, show a bit of respect.
    show you've got balls, man, and don't be anon :rofl:

she's nothing special, I'd even say she's below average, considering the general stereotype of "beauty" I'd say she falls short of it. It's not meant to be harsh, it's just... Stating the truth. And whereas she can't change some stuff about her, there are a lot of things that can be done to become more appreciated by the opposite sex - a hairstyle, personal hygiene, skincare, behavior and the way someone dresses. Of course it should go along with your own inner-self, you shouldn't ever do anything that's in conflict with who you feel you are.

But, yeah, I wouldn't, for example, and she has got sky-high expectations and doesn't seem to look at anyone that doesn't fit her bill perfectly. No surprise, watch more Twilight and wait for ye Prince Charming, galloping his way to you on a white horse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
    Haha
    You're not hideous. And it's good to be picky. You're only 16 and you've got a while to find the right guy.
    I was picky and it paid off.

ReputationRep:
    Falling in love is usually a quite involved process. You got to meet, find out about each other and then like what you both find.

What are you doing to find this ideal man you want in the first place? Are you going to classical concerns, hanging around music schools getting involved in classical music organisations in your uni?

Looks seem to be important to you, they are to most people when chosing partners so you are not alone. People are usually partnered to people with the same beauty rating, i.e. if you are a stunner, your partners will most likely be very attractive also. If you are fairly attractive, then you have to set your sights on someone who is similar to you in attractiveness.

You have to assume that your ideal partner will not reveal everything about himself immediately and may not meet all or enough of your criteria straight away. You have to spend time with people to find out more about them to see if they are really the one for you. It would be great if we could all find "the one" without having to kiss a lot of frogs along the way and get hurt and waste time but we can't.

ReputationRep:
    Too picky.

ReputationRep:
    ---

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    It's not very often that Manchester United play matches against Blue Square and Conference teams.

You're standards are way too high dear.
    LOL comment of the day

ReputationRep:
    You're into philosophy? Never would have guessed. I suppose, no, I don't agree with your theory. A river, once it is a river, will always remain the same.
    What do you mean by 'same'? If you mean the ordinary sense of the word, i.e. identical, then you are quite clearly wrong. If something is a river and then construction workers come and fill it in with concrete is it still a river? I have no idea what you're talking about.

And I've never understood this desire to be with someone who has the exact same interests as you. Where is the appeal/interest in that? You spend enough time with yourself without needing to spend time with the male version of yourself. I don't know about you, but some of my best friends are polar opposites when it comes to our hobbies. It keeps it interesting.I guess it's the kind of attitude a 16 year old would have to relationships, so I probably shouldn't be too harsh.

It's never going to happen, and it if does you will be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Katie*)
    And I've never understood this desire to be with someone who has the exact same interests as you
    It's got its pros, I for that matter would like to have a DJ-girlfriend, so that we could swap records and talk about music for hours, maybe create some stuff together or remix eacohther's songs :awesome:

If you share a passion, a creative one, it might actually be pretty awesome. If you're both just stamp collectors - then, yeah, it can get pretty boring, IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Because you touch yourself at night (whens the last time you heard that one! )

No, its because youre too picky... you can either stay that way and take ages to find someone - or you can settle.... youre still very young anyway

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
    I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Haha

You're not hideous at all. Keep looking you will eventually find one

GL

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
    I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Haha
    Your not hideous at all, your only 16 so you have soooo much time on your hands girl, have you been in a club? If you do Guys will probably be eyeing you up like a piece of meat left right and centre, don't panic!

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt you're hideous-after all you said yourself you've had several offers!

But, seriously, how mnay people do you know that fit your criteria?
    Cus i don't know any!

Relationships are all about compromise-people can be attractive without being perfect!

Get to know people, have some fun with them, and beforeyou know it you'll find yourself in a relationship.

BUT for this to happen you have to let your guard down and allow yourself to find others attractive, instead of waiting on your balcony for romeo!

Good luck...

ReputationRep:
    I've not read the books, but, in a nutshell, I am kind of looking for Edward
    only downside there being he's a dead guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's got its pros, I for that matter would like to have a DJ-girlfriend, so that we could swap records and talk about music for hours, maybe create some stuff together or remix eacohther's songs :awesome:

If you share a passion, a creative one, it might actually be pretty awesome. If you're both just stamp collectors - then, yeah, it can get pretty boring, IMO.
    I'm so glad you understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)

I personally really enjoy trying to get someone into something they have never considered. :dontknow:
    My boyfriend has now started getting into weight training and he really really likes it now.
    And the amount of random things he has gotten me try makes for incredibly interesting dates :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MewMachine)
    Lol let me know when you find him. Seriously though just lower your expectations. And don't go out looking for someone. I used to have a rough idea of what I wanted in someone but then I met my boyfriend :love: who I guess is kinda like Edward, but he doesn't play piano or like classical music. But oh well, he's amazing in his own way. And I met him when I was least looking for a relationship, and even after being together for over a year, we have a great relationship as we're realistic. You're going to college soon, you'll met LOADS of new guys there. So keep a look out

(P.S. nice A level choices, I looked at your profile :p:
    Sounds nice.
    Yeah, I realise I'll have loads of time to meet guys, but for some reason, the time you're looking for a boyfriend is when you get the least amount of interest!

Haha.. thanks for the comment about the A levels. I'm looking forward to sixth form a lot.
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibb~)
    Your not hideous at all, your only 16 so you have soooo much time on your hands girl, have you been in a club? If you do Guys will probably be eyeing you up like a piece of meat left right and centre, don't panic!
    Haha... thank you. You've made me feel a little better.
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FChescaW)
    I highly doubt you're hideous-after all you said yourself you've had several offers!

But, seriously, how mnay people do you know that fit your criteria?
    Cus i don't know any!

Relationships are all about compromise-people can be attractive without being perfect!

Get to know people, have some fun with them, and beforeyou know it you'll find yourself in a relationship.

BUT for this to happen you have to let your guard down and allow yourself to find others attractive, instead of waiting on your balcony for romeo!

Good luck...
    Haha, yeah, I suppose. It's not going to be like the films because they're not real!
    I don't expect perfection, because I know it isn't real. Nothing and no-one is perfect, I just expect a lot which I'm sure you've all picked up on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.