Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do I not have a boyfriend? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    Good questions, I think that some people change, and that people only change to adapt to their environment, so as long as I can predict what will happen to her personality when an environment changes I can chose the best direction for us, (Naturally her input will be important too!) but also I think we can follow the age old clique, "only time will tell" and your questions are unanswerable. We'll see, but for now I see nothing coming in the near future for anything to change our personalities or relationship.

But surely the enviroment is also changing, we're constantly exposed to abuse, love, hatred, kindness, different ways of thinking and seeing things, different people, so on so forth. Also I find the idea of choosing a best direction for an "us" to be slightly distasteful. The way you type it, to me at least, looks as if the "us" is more important than the two individuals? Should you always do what's best for the relationship if it isn't the best for you?

I also don't see anything unanswerable unless you're talking about having a knowledge, in which case what can we really have knowledge of in any situation we face in our life styles, generally not much.
    I think they're answerable with one statement, nothing is permanent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monpetitchou)
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.

I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
    Haha
    if only we could all find our perfect guy who would suddenly turn up and fall INSTANTLY in love with us :p:

unfortunately OP it doesn't happen...i think you need to work out what the most important things are that you look for in a person (eg similar interests) and keep it to a bare minimum. You may discover that your idea of the perfect guy changes drastically over time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Because you have a specification down to eye colour etc. Be realistic. Surely you can see you're just picky.

ReputationRep:
    Twilight Muchhhhhh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raychull_x)
    Well i just realised we're actually the same age im just lucky i've already found my "edward cullen/prince charming" been together for over a year but i'm not stupid enough to think that we're deffintely going to be together forever.
    I hope we are but ino how things change and by the looks of it you'll be going college soon you'll meet plenty of new interesting people x
    Who is edward cullen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Necro Defain)
    Who is edward cullen?
    WIKI HIM

ReputationRep:
    Okay, here's the situation. I have lots of friends, all of whom I adore, but I don't have a boyfriend. I don't know how to talk to people who I think are attractive, especially if they're complete strangers. I really wish I was the kind of person who could talk to someone on the street, but I'm not.
    I think I might be being wayyy too fussy, because I have had offers, don't get me wrong, but I've turned everyone down.
    I'm expecting someone truly amazing, someone who loves me unconditionally, who likes poetry and classical music, who'll protect me and defend me. I want someone who looks amazing too. Someone with brown eyes and dark hair, with pale skin (either that or olive skin) and dainty features.
    I suppose, even though I have lots of friends, I'm a bit lonely. I want a companion, someone who I can be intimate with and share my thoughts with. I know I'm young, and I have years ahead of me to date people, but I want a relationship. It's not a crime.
    Is it because I'm too picky, or just because I'm hideous?
    Haha
    I'm having the same problem. I reckon our standards are too high, yet we're too stubborn to lower them.

I want the fairytale and I'm happy, for now, to be single until I find it. It's whether or not you're happy having a relationship with someone who doesn't quite fit the bill. A lot of people settle for what they have....

Oh and btw, I live like, 10 minutes away from Stantonbury Campus lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm having the same problem. I reckon our standards are too high, yet we're too stubborn to lower them.

I want the fairytale and I'm happy, for now, to be single until I find it. It's whether or not you're happy having a relationship with someone who doesn't quite fit the bill. A lot of people settle for what they have....

Oh and btw, I live like, 10 minutes away from Stantonbury Campus lol.
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I can understand why people would lower their standards, because they are impatient and aren't willing to wait. I, however, will not. I'm willing to wait for a long time just to find the perfect person for me, and I won't settle for anything less.

Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    How did Edward Cullen come into it??:confused:

In answer to your question though it's because you're expectations are too high and you are an idealist. You've had offers before so maybe if you got to know some of these boys who've shown an interest you might find some who's not what you expected but a lot better

ReputationRep:
    My profile pic reveals all?
    So what, am I fat, ugly, or both?
    Fixed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    No offense, a girl who isn't a really great looker, just expecting a really hot guy to take interest in her and to fall in love with her immediately is never going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    No offense, a girl who isn't a really great looker, just expecting a really hot guy to take interest in her and to fall in love with her immediately is never going to happen.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Looks seem to be important to you, they are to most people when chosing partners so you are not alone. People are usually partnered to people with the same beauty rating, i.e. if you are a stunner, your partners will most likely be very attractive also. If you are fairly attractive, then you have to set your sights on someone who is similar to you in attractiveness.
    An interesting point actually. How do you know if someone's on the same 'level' of attractiveness as yourself?

ReputationRep:
    This x2.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I know what you mean. I can understand why people would lower their standards, because they are impatient and aren't willing to wait. I, however, will not. I'm willing to wait for a long time just to find the perfect person for me, and I won't settle for anything less.

Where do you live?
    Well you won't get the person you described in your OP. You don't want to live alone for the rest of your life, do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    An interesting point actually. How do you know if someone's on the same 'level' of attractiveness as yourself?
    People of same looks generally hang together. It's the truth. Uggos tend to hang with uggos, fitties tend to hang with fitties. It's the way human nature is. And you just kind of know. It's also social standing really, because you can be average and if you have high social standing you'll still get loads of fitties.

ReputationRep:
    People of same looks generally hang together. It's the truth. Uggos tend to hang with uggos, fitties tend to hang with fitties. It's the way human nature is. And you just kind of know. It's also social standing really, because you can be average and if you have high social standing you'll still get loads of fitties.

Well the other option is to get famous, because that helps (check out Billy Joel).

I see more gorgeous women with less attractive guys than the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingmc123)
    Well the other option is to get famous, because that helps (check out Billy Joel).

I see more gorgeous women with less attractive guys than the other way round.
    Oh yes. We guys are SHALLOW. Which is fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    I think your right to be fussy to a certain extent but maybe try to forget about that ideal man for a bit and open your mind to others. He will come

ReputationRep:
    Twilight fangirl?

Be realistic.
    People generally meet someone and fall in love with whoever they are as a unique individual, often it is someone who is not your typical "type". I don't think you'd actually enjoy going out with someone as stereotypically perfect as the guy you described either, peoples little quirks and flaws are what make them human.

Personally the guys I went for when I was younger were completely wrong for me, "bad boy" wasters generally, one of my exes was a coke dealer who made the fundemental error of getting high off his own supply. My current boyfriend isn't really like my past boyfriends physically either, I used to mainly go for dark haired italian looking types but he is blonde haired and blue eyed, still yummy though :p:

Also, without meaning to sound too harsh, unless you look like a supermodel it is probably unrealistic to expect some kind of adonis as a partner.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.