Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think the last time I cried, I was 14 and was thrown off a horse. **** that hurt.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't cried in about two years :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I cry quite a lot - I was crying last night in fact. As far as guys are concerned, I saw my Dad cry once and it was the most scarring thing ever, and I've seen my boyfriend cry once because he was missing his mum (she died a few years ago). Other than that, I never see guys cry.

ReputationRep:
    Watery eyes and sniffles a couple of years ago. Took a hard hockey ball to the inside of my left foot (I'm convinced that I can still feel it) and knew that it would be a bad one which would stay with me for a while.

ReputationRep:
    i cry constantly, at the absolute SILLIEST things

if its raining,if the football results havent gone my way,
    and when i see men cry - i cry.its an immediate reaction..even if its just on tv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickford)
    my eyes started sweating when i failed my driving test the third time
    That's brilliant!

I cried two years ago when my dog died - it was like losing a sister - and a couple of months ago when my girlfriend's dog died, although that was more because I had to tell her and it broke her little heart.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly i used to cry alot until i was about 10 and am 18 now. But now nothing seems to get my tears flowing, I think the Lion King was the last thing i cried over though

ReputationRep:
    I cant remember the last time i cried. I was on the verge of crying however, when Newcastle got relegated.

ReputationRep:
    I don't cry as much as I used to but it's an automatic reaction when I get frustrated. I actually can't help it. I don't do dramatic sobs though, I cry silently, even when really upset. It freaks one of my friends out a bit Last time I cried properly was a few weeks ago when a load of stress caught up with me. I tend to feel better after a small cry but I get killer headaches after getting properly upset. I have to go lie down in a darkened room to get rid of them. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    i find it almost impossible to cry and it actually annoys me because i remember when i was young it used to make me feel better after a good cry...now i just get really angry/upset but no tears...so i get very frustrated. :/

ReputationRep:
    I don't cry or really feel the emotion needed to. I've been through a couple of family deaths without a tear. Call me cold or whatever, but people deal with things in different ways.

ReputationRep:
    I cry quite often. Usually alone - I hate people seeing me cry, it's embarrassing! I cried at The Proposal the other day!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of tough guys here. My brother just said 'girls are emotionally unstable and have a low pain threshhold, so they're bound to cry all the time'.

ReputationRep:
    I cry every couple of days probably, whether it's crying over amazingly overwhelming lovely things or horrible things.

If I don't have a cry every now and then I end up welling up over every programme on TV. I think that's really only since my dad died 18 months ago though, I am generally a more emotional person these days.

My boyf has cried in front of me about five times in the two years we've been together.

My auntie hasn't cried for over 40 years and says she is physically incapable.

I don't think you can define why someone cries by their gender particularly. Some people are emotional and show it through tears and some people don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Everybody hurts sometimes.
    R.E.M haha

I've been crying alot recently as my gf of 2 years broke up with me cos she said she doesnt love me anymore.I asked her if i had done something to hurt her but she said no its just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been crying alot recently as my gf of 2 years broke up with me cos she said she doesnt love me anymore.I asked her if i had done something to hurt her but she said no its just me.
    Inb4 dozens of 'awwws' from female posters.

ReputationRep:
    Crying is for sissies.

ReputationRep:
    Big girls don't cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    Big girls don't cry
    lol why the hell did that guy need to take his shirt off before wacking the wrong boy?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.