Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintime)
    lol why the hell did that guy need to take his shirt off before wacking the wrong boy?

everyone keeps asking me this!

i havent got a clue why he does that!

ReputationRep:
    I once read somewhere that men cry, on average, once a month so we've got a lot of emotionally stunted / hard lads on this thread I've cried loads this year (but I have my reasons [the male ego is too proud not to give a reason for that :p:]) but otherwise probably every couple of months. Although this song got me a bit misty eyed earlier; Wiyathul

To be honest, I wouldn't want to not cry for years at a time, with all the horrifying things that go on, it's too easy to become hardened to tragedy and I think it's incredibly important to be moved by things so we can stay human. We haven't developed higher emotional brain function just to let it go to waste. /slightly pretentious mumblings over :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i've never cried, its just my hayfever

jk

hahaha oh god who remembers tracey beaker?! sorry for the irrelevance btw lmao and yeah i am a big crybaby, i get too emotional for my liking :\

ReputationRep:
    You know on Children In Need or Red Nose Day when they show all those videos to persuade people to donate? They always make me cry. And NSPCC adverts

Films always make me cry too, The Pursuit of Happyness had me in floods!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a crier at all, I wish I was because sometimes I feel like it's expected of me and then if you don't people think you're dead inside...I dunno though I feel really emotional sometimes but the tears just don't come? T'is strange but hey ho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does everyone cry?
    No. Just you.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember the last time I cried, almost a year ago now. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I have cried at traumatic moments in my life.

I feel less happy than I did when I was younger but I cry very rarely now. I think I'm tougher but more dead inside.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't cried properly for a while, when my granddad died i cried my eyes out and i still get a tear or two when i think about him.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, don't do tears. I'm cold inside.

ReputationRep:
    I cry quite a lot. I can't imagine many men crying though ..

ReputationRep:
    I cry all the time, I'm an emotional young man.... But i don't let my family or girlfriend know i cry...... I cry a lot when watching an emotional movie, like i cried the other day watching "Sweet November"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Like now and again? Its just a man at work in his 40's said that he hasn't cried since he was about 15. How often do you cry? (girls and guys?) honestly? As in watery eyes or tears?
    My eyes sometimes water, but I haven't cried since i was 15, I'm 16 now, lol maybe that guy at your work is my future.

ReputationRep:
    it must be at least 5 years now

ReputationRep:
    I got a tear in my eye after watching season 2 of 24 where
    Spoiler:
    Show
    George Mason has radiation sickness and he meets his son for the last time

but other than that, nope, not since I had a migraine a few years back and the pain was unbearable

I try not to cry but I can't always hold it in

So I usually just go somewhere where no one can see me.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh i just cried... have been trying to write my personal statement for ages and everytime something happens...
    and today i had to babysit for my aunty ... and then came home and the kitchen and sitting room looked like a bomb had hit and so i started crying as i very loudly tidied it all up...
    threw some of my brothers stuff into the garden because he should have known better and put them away...
    i hate how my brothers and mother take advantage of me knowing i dont like things strewn around in their wrong places so they dont bother picking up after themselves coz' for sure i'll do it...
    and yet my mother said the other day she'll stop slacking so i can get on with all my UCAS stuff...

AHH wow ... i think i have found my therapy in TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I once read somewhere that men cry, on average, once a month so we've got a lot of emotionally stunted / hard lads on this thread

thats surely a ******** stat ..probaly just filling space in Cosmopolitan lol

i havent cried in years ...only ever at funerals.

Girls cry all the time and when you ask them why "i dont know" ..they get drunk then run around crying lol wtf

ReputationRep:
    Not for ages, only a bit teary at the end of Gladiator :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I don't cry like a baby but have been known to shed a fear tears over a sad movie or suchlike.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.