Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's been a long time since I last cried. Mostly I just end up getting angry and have a painful lump in my throat and begin losing my voice.

I can't watch people crying; I just feel awkward and helpless.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel like crying and want to cry but I can't sqeeze it out lol, I guess I'm too much of a maaan :cool:

i don't cry in public at all. i don't think i could. even at my mum's funeral i managed to hold it in.
    in private i get down quite a lot and often find myself getting watery eyes but even then i never like have a fit of tears or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really good listener and when my friends turn to me and tell me about some really bad thing in their life, like death in family, illness of a loved one, abuse, cheating... anything that's really depressing and sad...AND I HATE HOW I START CRYING... but it's worse when they DONT cry and im just sat there like a fool...
    Oh *memories of when me and my friend have cried TOGETHER*

ReputationRep:
    i'm 18 and i haven't really cried in like 4 years

ReputationRep:
    He cries:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DSC)
    i'm 18 and i haven't really cried in like 4 years
    See i dont get that ^

When you get pissed off... or something bad happens what do you do?

or you watch something really sad?

like how can you not cry i mean your life cant be that perfect?

ReputationRep:
    I cry maybe once a month or something, and then it's a good long cathartic cry. Can't control when it happens tho, sometimes it happens when I'm drunk and I hate that because I hate crying in front of people. Tear up at films and TV often, but rarely properly cry (I did at the end of big fish tho).

ReputationRep:
    Real men cry.

I like it when a man admits he cries.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno how long but it was when I was at my Grandad's funeral, I think it was september 2007.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people cry, though they might not admit it, but then it's not a thing to be embarrassed about because it's just a way of releasing emotion (like if someone is angry they shout).

I cry :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has the ability to cry. Just depends if they are emotional or not. I used to cry alot, but i hardly ever cry now, think its just down to how much they get effected by their surroundings.

I think my contraceptive pill really messed up my emotions for about two years but now im fine so hardly ever get really emotional, still getwatery eyes in sad moments in movies etc but no full blown crying haha.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i cry all the time. i am the most sensitive person ever lol.
    at films, at cute animals, when i hurt myself, when something goes wrong, when im really happy, when i laugh too much, when something unfair, when i'm in a show and it calls for me to cry... just, anything and everything really- i must have overactive tear glands. my eyes water evern when i dont feel anything- though that may be due to mascara/eyeliner irriation lol.
    everybody cries or they would be a biologically inept robot devoid of feelings.

ReputationRep:
    LOL this thread reminds me of that one episode of friends

the one where Chandler doesnt cry

ReputationRep:
    Not very often, maybe watery eyes sometimes.

I have cried a fair bit recently though :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I cannot remmeber the last time i cried. Thats me being honest. Although i do get the little lump in throat thing every now and then. But then again..im 'ard :\

ReputationRep:
    Yes, often

ReputationRep:
    I cry at films and tv shows.... but never at real life events and NEVER in front of other people. Sometimes I wish I would, 'cos otherwise I seem coldhearted and mean, but meh
    I have a friend who claims he never cries. I think he lies.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously never. Or not in recent memory anyway.

Not trying to sound hard here or anything btw. Even at funerals...I get upset, but I don't cry - its a bit of a pussy thing to do for a bloke tbh.

Oh and any guy that cries over women should be killed by firing squad.

ReputationRep:
    I cry when i'm upset, no shame in that whatsoever! It's just an emotion like happiness or anger!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.