Turn on thread page Beta

You know that feeling when your walking around town for 2 hours and having fun and thinking your the centre of attention and u look like a God/Godess today and everyone wants a piece of u but then u walk into debenhams, walk past a mirror and see this horrid person with a spotty face before u which to ur amazement is u

... yeh

any hints of how to upgrade myself?

ReputationRep:
    stuff your face with roaccutane

ReputationRep:
    If you're a girl then I hear makeup can do wonders. Although having said that I believe the first makeup range for men was recently launched at Selfridges, so you could cover up your spots with products which are at least intended for men.

Otherwise just invest in a good facial cleanser and wash your face twice daily. Also clay masks (i.e. not actual mudbath-type things but a clay-based facial mask) used once/twice weekly are very very good as they get rid of the excess sebum in your skin (the stuff that makes spots happen).

I wouldn't worry though. It's Debenhams, it's full of horrid people anyway.
    I work in John Lewis, we don't like Debenhams :no:

ReputationRep:
    cosmetic surgery.

ReputationRep:
    are you a girl or a boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    If you're a girl then I hear makeup can do wonders.
    If you're a male then I heard makeup can do wonders, too.

ffs, no reason why bad-looking guys shouldn't use makeup to make 'em look better. It's the 21st century and we're in the UK, it's not, like, some hardcore orthodox society, c'mon :yep:

ReputationRep:
    nowadays anything's possible....:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I swear I always looks worse in debenhams mirrors. It's a ploy to make us buy their products!

Lol, but really, I recommend drinking 2lt of water everyday, and plenty of fresh fruit/veg.

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling!

ReputationRep:
    Spots? Wash more, and afterwards splash your face with cold water to close up your pores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)

ffs, no reason why bad-looking guys shouldn't use makeup to make 'em look better. It's the 21st century and we're in the UK, it's not, like, some hardcore orthodox society, c'mon :yep:
    you'd be surprised

ReputationRep:

Did you even read the rest of that paragraph where I go on to talk about the new range of makeup aimed at men? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Join the club! But seriously, just invest in a decent facewash and start drinking more water. You could also try wearing some make up: particularly concealer and foundation. Also, green concealer cancels out red (which can hide the redness from spots). Even if you're male, there's no harm in wearing a bit of concealer and there is even a make-up range for men (as has already been said).

ReputationRep:
    Get clearer skinnnnnnnnn :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Did you even read the rest of that paragraph where I go on to talk about the new range of makeup aimed at men? :eyeball:
    Ouch. How embarrassing of me. :redface:

No, really. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. How embarrassing of me. :redface:

No, really. :rofl:
    Skim reading ftw :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Skim reading ftw :yep:
    lol, and I even got neg-repped for that reply, some dork picked on the "male makeup" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you should get mineral foundaton!! It doesn't clog your pores

ReputationRep:
    lol, and I even got neg-repped for that reply, some dork picked on the "male makeup" :rolleyes:
    Pfft whatever, it's not my thing but I don't think men shouldn't be allowed wear makeup if they want to :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Why do people care about how they look? If anyone's stupid enough to judge you on the clarity of your skin then that person is a horrendous person. OP, just don't even worry about it.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.