Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Is there anyone taking or going to take biomedical sciences at warwick? Is the course good? I heard it's not IBMS accredited... what about the entry requirements, very high?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to apply there for 2010, it's a pretty good uni, and the course is laid out pretty well, i can't remember the grades at the top off my head, you might wanna check it out on the UCAS site, but yeah, i know the course is pretty ace.

ReputationRep:
    You have to be a post-graduate to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    You have to be a post-graduate to apply.
    Not to study biomedical sciences, you dont need to.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/unde.../biology/b900/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soda__Dreamer)
    Not to study biomedical sciences, you dont need to.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/unde.../biology/b900/
    Ohh man you guys are so lucky this year!! 3 years ago they wouldnt let undergraduates in the course. Cool

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking about applying there for 2010 too but as I'm not from UK i'm not very familiarized with the universities... i've checked that link too and the only thing that really concerns me about warwick is that it's not IBMS accredited. Is that importante if you want to do research?

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Warwick this year, I went on the open day and it was pretty good. The labs and the seminar was good, I think they said that they send the top students to do a year in industry with GSK in the second year. One problem I had was that the Biological science area is pretty isolated from the rest of the university.

ReputationRep:
    most of the people i know on the course are the retards of warwick.

just something to bear in mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.s.a.)
    i'm thinking about applying there for 2010 too but as I'm not from UK i'm not very familiarized with the universities... i've checked that link too and the only thing that really concerns me about warwick is that it's not IBMS accredited. Is that importante if you want to do research?
    Accredited is only beneficial if you want to work for the NHS.. So no its not important if your looking to go into research.

Btw, entry requiremnts for a levels are ABB/BBB..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    most of the people i know on the course are the retards of warwick.

just something to bear in mind.
    Lol care to elaborate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassan90)
    Accredited is only beneficial if you want to work for the NHS.. So no its not important if your looking to go into research.

Btw, entry requiremnts for a levels are ABB/BBB..
    thks

and btw, between warwick, birmingham and surrey which would be the best choice? The campus of warwick seems nicer but don't know about the course itself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassan90)
    Lol care to elaborate?
    well, you go around campus and meet people and you start talking to them and they're all really good and clever at what they do etc. then you meet bio people and they're not all there, a bit dim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.s.a.)
    thks

and btw, between warwick, birmingham and surrey which would be the best choice? The campus of warwick seems nicer but don't know about the course itself...
    I don't know about Birmingham, but I had to choose between Warwick and Surrey... the courses both looked fairly similar, but Surrey's was accredited. Also there's more independence in Warwick's course as in you can pick more modules that you want compared to Surrey, were i think you could pick 1or2 modules, the rest being compulsory.

In the end there was little between the two and I could have gone either way, but Warwick's campus did it for me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    well, you go around campus and meet people and you start talking to them and they're all really good and clever at what they do etc. then you meet bio people and they're not all there, a bit dim.
    As a student about to start studying Biological sciences at warwick, I can say this is strikingly accurate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 29, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.