Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    FM 09 :rambo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Ah, the one downside to Ubuntu (and a lack of technological pizzazz): I can't play any games on Steam, or any games for that matter. Sure, I can use WINE and mess around and hope to god things work...but, I've already broken my laptop once...so I'll just have to live without Steam (it's not like I have anything special on it - The Movies, Ghost Master, Titan Quest, Rome: Total War; all that jazz).
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    Code:
    sudo wine /home/user/[username]/Desktop/SteamInstall.msi
    That's all there is to it

ReputationRep:
    I love steam, I play on CS: S, TF2, the half life series, portal and i like to play free single player hl2 mods such as riot act. Not really a fan of HL2: DM

ReputationRep:
    add me princessmarisa

I used to play CS:s a bit, but not in ages....
    I had orange box for my 360 on loan and loved tf2, even though servers were always dead, so am tempted to buy it for PC,as it seems to have a big community. but keep putting it off, someone convince me to just hit the shiny buy button, even though I am super poor ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)
    add me princessmarisa

I used to play CS:s a bit, but not in ages....
    I had orange box for my 360 on loan and loved tf2, even though servers were always dead, so am tempted to buy it for PC,as it seems to have a big community. but keep putting it off, someone convince me to just hit the shiny buy button, even though I am super poor ;p
    If you've already played/completed Portal/HL2 then there's little point in getting the Orange Box: you might as well get the wonder that is TF2 alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    If you've already played/completed Portal/HL2 then there's little point in getting the Orange Box: you might as well get the wonder that is TF2 alone
    I meant buying TF2 alone off steam for 14.99 or whatever it is at now

Portal was done and dusted and lolwin, didn't like HL2

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 1, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.