Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do short blokes always try to be uber macho? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they are compensating for something? they all walk with that strut thing and bite their lip and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    they have to make themselves noticable otherwise we might accidentally squish them.

ReputationRep:
    Short Angry Man Syndrome.

I was on at 9:00 on Channel 4 once. Get Shorty was on at 11. I was chuffed when the mentioned it on the radio after I saw it in the Radio Times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    Do you think they are compensating for something? they all walk with that strut thing and bite their lip and stuff.
    Why do tall blokes always talk rubbish about short blokes? Do you think they are compensating for something?

They all just go on message boards and rant about some imaginary short guys and their even more fabricated characteristics and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I'm short and not macho at all.

Crap generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAPAdawg)
    Napoleon Syndrome - aka Short Man Syndrome. They're short and feel inadequate, something that matters a lot to guys. That's why you always see short guys that are very muscular, they're trying to make up their lost masculinity with muscle.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've noticed this too on a fewwwwwww shorter men. I always say to myself ''yeah but tis a shame he's short'' if he's got a nice bod-so shallow I know but most girls want someone a bit taller than themselves!

ReputationRep:
    Again, short and not muscly.

You guys are rubbish at this.

ReputationRep:
    Its because they have a chip on their shoulder, just like my mini dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    You guys are rubbish at this.
    You seem to be pursuing that point aggressively. Thank you for answering our question.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer shorter men Nice and stocky woop! Gigantic tall, Eiffel tower men are like eugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    You seem to be pursuing that point aggressively. Thank you for answering our question.

ReputationRep:
    The question is what is considered short i just turned 18 and im 5:10 is this considered short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    So do you think the really tall are naturally more chilled out? Or is it the lack of oxygen up there making them all giddy?

Am i short? I'm about to turn 17 in a month and i'm 5'8 :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donnahh)
    I prefer shorter men Nice and stocky woop! Gigantic tall, Eiffel tower men are like eugh.
    There's always one.

Do friends call you Snow White?

ReputationRep:
    I like little men. They make me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    The question is what is considered short i just turned 18 and im 5:10 is this considered short
    Bang on average I think. I'm 6'0, which I'm happy with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    lol, I'm 23 and 5 feet 5, now beat this. I'd love to be 5 feet though, that way I could do some midget-clothes-shoppin', right now I always have a problem with getting trousers that suit me nicely :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    There's always one.

Do friends call you Snow White?
    Nope Unfortunately I don't have 7 little men following me around...
    Actually, I find dwarves disturbing :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.