Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why do short blokes always try to be uber macho? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Another quite short member here. And i am neither macho or uber macho. Not the greatest generalization by the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Arthur)
    I'm short and not macho at all.

Crap generalisation.
    Ffs....generalisation means "majority", not "everyone", therefore you're just an exception to the generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    To make up for their small penises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Am i short? I'm about to turn 17 in a month and i'm 5'8 :lolwut:
    Yes you are.

ReputationRep:

Well macho. :yep:

(Original post by Kevin J)
    Yes you are.
    Ah well, i'm the youngest in my year and halfway up in height, so i don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Compensating for their height. You'll find a lot of really short girls do this too.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt their compensating for their height.

Maybe they just want to have some muscles, just like most men, the only difference is it stands out more on shorter people.

ReputationRep:
    lol short guys try to compensate buy going to the gym everyday, thank god im 6,1 ....sexy height

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, way to read 'Of Mice and Men'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty short but it doesn't really get me down (haha). I just let nature take it's course. I'd like to think i'm as 'macho' as the average man (whatever that means). I don't go anywhere near a gym, beacuse I can't stand it. I don't like the uber muscly look, I just stick with the well toned look.

I know some people who have taken it to heart, maybe because of bullying and can be quite agressive and in your face. Whether that's their way of compensating, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Bernie Ecclestone is macho.

you under-20's seem to think that 'macho-ness' is mainly only related to how often you go to the gym.

Wealth and status factors in far far far more post-20. Your appearance won't get you very far.

squish.

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of Curley from "Of Mice and Men" They should just accept the fact that they are small

ReputationRep:
    short men are so funny, im 6'5'' and its funny when some 5'7 5'8 dude tries to fight me or intimidate me lol

ReputationRep:
    Careful.

They can headbutt you in the nuts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.