The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I used them for the first time last week when I was on hols, I wanted to go swimming so it was that or nothing. Seriously, once you've done it the first couple of times there's nothing to it. Read the instructions in the box carefully, and most importantly relax. :smile:
I got all excited, I want to go swimming too.

I'd suggest following the instructions, other than that I'm afraid I can't help. Although I can tell you my girlfriend does that all the time (well, around once a month) and she never has any problems.
Reply 3
how far away is it untill your holiday.. if you go to the doctors they can put you on the pill and tell you to keep taking it on holiday so you miss your period..
Reply 4
Use an applicator one cause they're a lot easier to put in (in my opinion anyway). If you still find it difficult you can buy special ones that come with a lubricant to make putting them in easier.
Reply 5
amber2008
how far away is it untill your holiday.. if you go to the doctors they can put you on the pill and tell you to keep taking it on holiday so you miss your period..

I'm going to spain in just over a week :/
amber2008

Do this. Tampons suck. I'm 22 and I still can't figure them out.
Reply 7
hannahhi
I used them for the first time last week when I was on hols, I wanted to go swimming so it was that or nothing. Seriously, once you've done it the first couple of times there's nothing to it. Read the instructions in the box carefully, and most importantly relax. :smile:

Online, it says this "If you experience discomfort during removal because the tampon is partially dry, consider moving to the next lower absorbency." when it says "discomfort" is this like proper pain? this is what is worrying me the most, and the ridiculous idea of it getting 'stuck'.
Reply 8
LaceyJJo
Online, it says this "If you experience discomfort during removal because the tampon is partially dry, consider moving to the next lower absorbency." when it says "discomfort" is this like proper pain? this is what is worrying me the most, and the ridiculous idea of it getting 'stuck'.

No, well I experienced slight discomfort, but it's just an uncomfortable feeling rather than pain. Don't want to be graphic, but if you don't put it in properly then you can feel it there, and it's uncomfortable. And don't worry, it can't get stuck.
Reply 9
hannahhi
No, well I experienced slight discomfort, but it's just an uncomfortable feeling rather than pain. Don't want to be graphic, but if you don't put it in properly then you can feel it there, and it's uncomfortable. And don't worry, it can't get stuck.

sorry to say this and scare people but they can get stuck sometimes and become awkward 2 get out you have 2 be reli carefull of this and leaving them in for too long luvvie otherwise you could get toxic shock syndrome!!
Reply 10
If you follow the instructions you will be fine, change them regularly and use the right absorbency. I have been using tampons for a couple of years now, and have never had any trouble with them. As has already been said, use ones with an applicator, I find them a million times easier to use, but once you've got used to them you won't even notice they're there. :smile:
Reply 11
amber2008
sorry to say this and scare people but they can get stuck sometimes and become awkward 2 get out you have 2 be reli carefull of this and leaving them in for too long luvvie otherwise you could get toxic shock syndrome!!

Well, in four years of using tampons I have never had a situation where one got stuck and plus the string is pretty indestructible so you'd be able to pull it out. I remember my science teacher in year seven passing round a tampon and challenging us all to break the string- no one could do it and we were all pulling that thing till we were red in the face! Without meaning to be graphic you can only push it in so far, especially if it's an applicator so I'm struggling to comprehend where it could get stuck?

OP, tampons are really easy to get the hang of. I used them for the first time for the same reason as you- I was on holiday and wanted to go swimming and I just followed the instructions on the leaflet. Start with low absorbency and get the nice plastic tipped ones for smooth erm...insertion? :o: Lol, sorry.
:hide: eeww.
Reply 13
LaceyJJo
I'm going to spain in just over a week :/

Go to your Gp & get some tablets called Noristherone -(they delay ur period) start taking them 2 days before ur period is due.& continue taking then until ur back from ur holiday.
_findthecolour_
Do this. Tampons suck. I'm 22 and I still can't figure them out.

Yep, I'm 26 and still can't use them either!

OP-I'm sure you'll probably be fine using them because I think most girls seem to be but I wouldn't just assume it'll all be ok (not that I'm trying to scare you!!) i think it might be worth looking into other stuff as well like northiserone (sp?)
Reply 15
isabella
Go to your Gp & get some tablets called Noristherone -(they delay ur period) start taking them 2 days before ur period is due.& continue taking then until ur back from ur holiday.

thanks so much, this seems like a really good idea. however have you used them before and do you know whether they're dangerous or risky in any way? also can u get them over the counter at the chemist and how much are they for my age group? thanks (i'm nearly 16)
Mooncup.
Reply 17
LaceyJJo
thanks so much, this seems like a really good idea. however have you used them before and do you know whether they're dangerous or risky in any way? also can u get them over the counter at the chemist and how much are they for my age group? thanks (i'm nearly 16)

Only yor Gp can prescribe them to you. I've taken them loads of times & never has any problems :smile:

I think they will be free

Latest

Trending

Trending