Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't see a reason to carry on anymore. Watch

Please keep anon.

I just don't see any reason to carry on living anymore.
    For a very long time, I was bullied and without friends. Family weren't any help. Mum is just plain abusive, my younger brother refuses to acknowledge my existance and my dad died when I was 8.
    About a week ago, I messed it up with my best (and only) friend. We were only friends for a few months but I'm 17 and she was the only friend that I've ever had. The worst thing is that now that I know what its like to have a friend, I can't bare to be alone again. Its just too horrible.
    On top of that, I know my grades for my AS lvls are gonna be ****. My january tests were Us and Es and nothing improved despite my best efforts.
    As soon as mum finds out, she will kick me out because she has made it quite clear that I am an investment and nothing more. She wants me to look after her in her old age but why waste money on a failure when you could just keep it?

So no future, no family, no friends.
    What is the point in carrying on?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the citizens advice bureau to find out what help you can get with regard to finding somewhere to live and financial help.
    Look into college courses you may be interested in or look into apprenticeships - you get paid and learn a trade and can make something of yourself.

When you're thinking with a clear head you'd always choose to live rather than not. Why? Because if you end it there is DEFINITELY nothing and noone, total nothingness. If you keep going and try to improve your life and learn to care about yourself and your life then there is endless potential for what might happen to you in the future and how many people will care about you down the line.

Sounds like you've got a bit of a crap deal, but things can only get better, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Theres plenty of reasons to carry on living. Your friendship can be repaired and A levels can be resat. I very much doubt that your Mum will kick you out of the family home. Killing yourself isnt the answer to your problems OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon.

I just don't see any reason to carry on living anymore.
    For a very long time, I was bullied and without friends. Family weren't any help. Mum is just plain abusive, my younger brother refuses to acknowledge my existance and my dad died when I was 8.
    About a week ago, I messed it up with my best (and only) friend. We were only friends for a few months but I'm 17 and she was the only friend that I've ever had. The worst thing is that now that I know what its like to have a friend, I can't bare to be alone again. Its just too horrible.
    On top of that, I know my grades for my AS lvls are gonna be ****. My january tests were Us and Es and nothing improved despite my best efforts.
    As soon as mum finds out, she will kick me out because she has made it quite clear that I am an investment and nothing more. She wants me to look after her in her old age but why waste money on a failure when you could just keep it?

So no future, no family, no friends.
    What is the point in carrying on?
    Always remember, everyone was born for a purpose.

Yours was not to be ignored and abused.

If i was in your shoes, i would probably move out and start a new life in a new city, with new friends.

If you make things happen for yourself, you can be successful.
    With or without exams.

One day you will look back at this period in your life and say "wow life was sh1t back then." But, you will be glad you never gave up. Trust me.

If you forget about all of your worries and just start over, your life can be very happy

ReputationRep:
    Because if you're feeling like this you've hit the lowest point you can; it can only get better. Try some self esteem lessons - sound a bit new agey but could really help - what's the harm in trying .

(Original post by stainluss)
    If i was in your shoes, i would probably move out and start a new life in a new city, with new friends.
    I could handle moving out but I'm 17 and only made 1 friend in my entire life so I don't hold much hope for making any new friends.

ReputationRep:
    I could handle moving out but I'm 17 and only made 1 friend in my entire life so I don't hold much hope for making any new friends.
    This is where youre going wrong.

Forget that you only have one friend before.

it doesent make you a bad person

You can make as many friends as you want.

I have been bullied in the past and now i live somewhere else and life is great

You just have to trust me... Its all about confidence good luck

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any hobbies or interests? That's always a good starting point for making friends.

ReputationRep:
    Do It ******

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.