Turn on thread page Beta

Changed my name by deedpoll... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger.)
    It was my Christian name.
    christian name = first name, right? I thought you said your old first name you are now using as a middle name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    christian name = first name, right? I thought you said your old first name you are now using as a middle name?
    No. I was registered as one name, Christened as another. It's quite common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    This is so cool, changing names :woo: Why do people change them? because they don't like their current name or for having one that is like really cool? :cool:
    I'm very curious what interesting names people must change them to.
    If I could, I'd change my first name to Ken.
    Surname: Tucky
    A friend of mine changed her surname from Humphreys to Jacobs just 'cos she absolutely hated it..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger.)
    No. I was registered as one name, Christened as another. It's quite common.
    Ohh, like a 'nickname'? My friend was called Constance, but was known by her middle name of Emma.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, like a 'nickname'? My friend was called Constance, but was known by her middle name of Emma.
    Kind of. You know the singer Dido was Christened as Dido but the name on her birth certificate is Florian.

ReputationRep:
    aye, but not legally, and paying to have it changed would be pretty pointless if you weren't going to ensure you were then known by it.
    its just a piece of paper anyway if i got it an ripped it up then its like it never happened so a huvnae change my name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YerMah)
    its just a piece of paper anyway if i got it an ripped it up then its like it never happened so a huvnae change my name
    I wanted to change my name once, and did the deedpoll and then ripped it up as i changed my mind.:p:
    It was legal until i ripped it up - if you don't recognise the laws and regulations fair enough, but if you go around breaking laws because you think you're right and they're wrong, then you'll get caught out soon enough.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.