Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you know if people will want to hug you? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just do it.
    Your a girl do its easier for you..............(I can't even remember what it feels like to have a hug).
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostintime)
    yea you will give one out of politeness and niceness but don't you sometimes think 'oh no she wants a hug but she secretly disgusts me' say she is really ugly, sweaty from rushing about/exersise or whatever? Lol I know it sounds nasty and im looking way too far into it.
    that rarely happens tbh...depends, are you obviously ugly in any way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    Just do it, don't ask if you can hug him. It shouldn't be a weird awkward thing!
    Say 'bye, have a good time!' and give him a hug, or 'thanks for helping me out' + hug.
    Even if she does ask for a hug, he will give it no matter what. Us guys really do succumb (sp.) to hugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    that rarely happens tbh...depends, are you obviously ugly in any way?
    I don't have a pretty face slightly below average, Im short 4ft11 and slim. I get called cute but only cause i look about 14 ha. Describing doesn't help much really but yea theres only me who seems to worry about stuff like this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a pretty face slightly below average, Im short 4ft11 and slim. I get called cute but only cause i look about 14 ha. Describing doesn't help much really but yea theres only me who seems to worry about stuff like this.
    Still doesn't matter. You'll still get a hug, it's no biggie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Even if she does ask for a hug, he will give it no matter what. Us guys really do succumb (sp.) to hugs.
    Thats funny as guys don't seem very affectionate people, can't see what they'd like about hugs lol.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he would be slightly disgusted at being too close or something
    if he puts you in headlocks then I'm sure a hug wouldn't bother him as he obviously isn't repulsed by the thought of being close to you.

ReputationRep:
    I think every guy likes a hug. No matter how ugly you are I don't think men are harsh enough to push off a hug, after all, it is only like 2 seconds, or maybe more, but it's just a temporary thing. And seeing as he already is playful with you, I don't think he minds physical interaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluestorm)
    Thats funny as guys don't seem very affectionate people, can't see what they'd like about hugs lol.
    Meeting the wrong guys. :rolleyes: Yet to know a guy who doesn't like warm hugs.

ReputationRep:
    I know a few guys who don't like hugs, I can see where the op is comming from I guess it really depends on if you brought up with hugging. Sounds like the op was not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not entirely convinced that a guy who frequently hugs his female colleagues, who nags you one minute and then headlocks you the next, sounds like someone you want to be getting hugs from! He sounds like a bit of a freak. If you're looking for weirdness or trouble, go for it, but if you're needing some genuine comfort - do you have some friends who are more consistent?
    geez it's just a hug!

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for hugs anytime

ReputationRep:
    "Hug me Brother, from another Mother".

ReputationRep:
    jus be like take care have fun and thanks for everything *insert hug* lol xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ßlαcksωαn)
    geez it's just a hug!
    lmao true its all over with and forgotton in a few seconds!!

ReputationRep:
    I just hugged Bill Bailey... i thought this was an appropriate thread to put it in
    AHHHHHH!!

ReputationRep:
    Not that you need to know all this anyway Im just bored but yea how are we supposed to know if people want to hug:confused: How do we know they won't be freaked out, say no or something? I know I have rubbish social skills im quite shy.
    If he feels comfortable putting you in a headlock I'm sure he'll feel comfortable giving you a hug.

ReputationRep:
    jsut hug him! if he finds it weird hel come out of the hug then youl know not to hug him again lool besides hes going away for 8 months i dont think hel remember when he comes backk

ReputationRep:
    :O I dont like hugs :|

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he'd think it was lovely! And he's obviously the hug-type so go for it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.