Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I've received an e-mail today from the Uni asking me if I would prefer to have catered acommodation. Frankly, I'm not good at cooking, so I'd really prefer having meals at the college. However, I've got not idea about their food. Does anyone know if it's good or not? Expensive or reasonable price?

Thanks for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Food depends on the college. Which one are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been told about a college yet. I'm in the waiting list untill they find a colleg for me. So they're asking me if I'd prefer to be at a catered accommodation in order to find one for me.

ReputationRep:
    I got the same e-mail too..As far as I know the price of food is included in the price of room,you don't have to pay extra for the 3 meals/day.Also I think that it will cost less than the 4900 pounds of Ustinov , but I'm afraid that we won't have en-suite rooms,but shared bathrooms..

ReputationRep:
    Hi..

Shared bathroom isn't a good idea for me -at least-. I don't know what to do really. I'm not good at cooking and u know how it takes some time to prepare something. But at the same time sharing bathrooms doesn't suit me!

what will u do greek?

ReputationRep:
    Sharing bathrooms really isn't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem..I can't cook and I really don't like sharing bathroom..Firstly I thought that having my own bath is more important(and I must one day learn how to cook)so I chose Ustinov College.Now I have this problem with the waiting list so I answered them that I want catered accommodation..Besides, only Ustinov and Butler are self-cater.Maybe it would be better not caring about food..I hope my roommates will be clean

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I've tried preparing my own food for 3 months and it was not that easy for me! I think I'll answer them that I want the catered accommodation especially -as River said- it's not that bad and I'm not living in the bathroom, am I?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter what College you'll be at as all of the catering facilities are being centralised this year, so standards will be the same at all catered colleges.

Personally, I think being catered is amazing. Not just because I'm lazy and hate food shopping, cooking and cleaning up but because I'm on such a strict budget and not having to worry about finding money for food is a huge weight off my mind.

ReputationRep:
    I e-mailed them but tey said that nothing is guranteed till now so I've got to wait!
    I'd like to ave catered accommodation coz it saves time and budget as well!
    Hope They can find for everyone what they want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.