Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I’ll be a 23yr old postgraduate English lit student starting in September, I can’t decide between Broadgate and Raleigh park park for my accommodation. Broadgate seems to be closer on to the English building but Raleigh seems to be more typical for postgraduates to stay in? does anybody have any advice? I’ll be totally new to Nottingham as well this year if that factors at all….

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation. Having spent a while looking at both, I've come to the conclusion that this "university-arranged" accommodation run by a private firm is a bit of a con. It's a lot more than you'd pay in the private sector. Lots of postgrads are organising to rent rooms with fellow postgrads in the private sector - I'd urge you to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Same problem here...
    But finally I decided to choose BGP because it's closer to the uni park.
    On Raleigh, we have to use the bus which according to some ppl will be a bit troublesome..

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at the virtual tours on the Nottingham website: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/stude...tudy_flat.html

The rooms are very small for the money they're asking.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say BGP is better for a Postgrad.

They have (or certainly had) some blocks specifically for Postgrads whereas RP has (again, had) Postgrad flats in the same blocks as Freshers.

This is based on my knowledge of them a couple of years ago so things may have changed.

ReputationRep:
    go for broadgate
    closer to English dept and there are blocks just for postgrads. you won't be isolated

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you all for your comments they’re really appreciated. I know I’m being over charged for the accommodation on offer, but as I’m new to the city, halls still appeal to me as their going to make settling in a bit easier, I hope. I guess I’m look more towards Broadgate as well now, because of the distance. Thats great news about the postgrad blocks too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.