Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I like it in theory, but I'm not sure whether I'm a crap dancer or not. My friends never dance with me, and kinda turn away when I get close... So I just leave early, vow never to go again, then go again and regret it.

I wouldn't get to sad about it, there's more to life.

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to go with the right ppl and the music has to be right to enjoy it. I prefer bars myself though, I like to go out about 7 or 8 then come home about 11 or 12 instead of staying out all night.

(Original post by harleygrant)
    Nah, I'm not that into it myself - I don't drink, so I imagine they're much nicer places when you're inebriated. Bars are good, though - you can actually talk in them.
    It's strange but some of my best nights out to clubs have been nights when I haven't drunk much (and I always tend to stop drinking once I get to the club because I'm cheap!) because I just get really into dancing and loving the awesome music. It's why the music and the crowd are the most important part of clubbing in my opinion. It's so much nicer and enjoyable when you aren't really drunk, just dancing and having fun with good friends. Sometimes I think the dancing gives me more of a buzz than a few drinks does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    Not sure that logically follows unless you dislike the taste of all alcoholic drinks, which I'm fairly sure is impossible..
    What im trying to say is that i will drink a drink that i like the taste of not because i know drinking it will make me drunk eventually.

Its hard to explain..

I dont drink to purposely get drunk and if i feel myself getting tipsy i stop drinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Love clubbing. So much, that I've been doing it illegally for a year and a half now. Totally worth it. Don't knock it till you've tried it seriously.
    lol snap
    i have 6 months till i get my own id =D

ReputationRep:
    damn, whaaaaaat? it's amaaaaazzzziiiinnng but not everyone would like to be involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackey)
    At what time do pubs in Glasgow close then?

ReputationRep:
    I like clubbing, it's a great way to relieve some stress once in a while and get some exercise too. I like house music and having a few drinks with my mates on a late night out, although not too much as the drinks are quite expensive in central London, and I want to be able to get home safely. I like to head close towards the front where the DJ is playing, or get on higher steps and just go crazy rather than be stuck in the middle of nowhere; I guess I like to be noticed lol.

As long as I enjoy myself and dance how I want, I feel like it was a good night out. I don't go to pick up girls or get numbers; it's pretty hard anyways when you can't hear each other! I go to bars instead where it's much easier to approach and interact with people.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't find it weird. I do enjoy to go out every now and then but I can understand why people don't see the attraction in it.

To be honest I'd be really thankful of finding someone who had interests outside of clubbing and getting pissed.

ReputationRep:
    worked in a few mainstream nightclubs and hated every minute, not my scene, been to a few on nights out and found it really bland.. prefer dubstep nights and bars to be honest or just chilling round mates and having a proper conversation that doesn't involve *****ing about someone or screaming at the top of your voice....

cant stand being round people who cant handle their drink, which is pretty much the majority of clubbers... and to be honest i feel old.. 22, and dancing round a bunch of just turned 18er;s... not my idea of fun lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    :lolwut: That's such bull-****, completely unheard of here. What is the reason behind this horrendous decision?

ReputationRep:
    This place does lean towards the stay-at-home-and-roleplay-startrek crowd, so most won't find it weird.

ReputationRep:
    Gigging FTW. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    It's strange but some of my best nights out to clubs have been nights when I haven't drunk much.
    Yeah, agree. I barely drink when I go clubbing because I have a damn good time anyways :p: Needing to drink is just BS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackey)
    :lolwut: That's such bull-****, completely unheard of here. What is the reason behind this horrendous decision?
    I don't really know tbh, you some places have licenses until 12, mostly pubs, and some for 3 mostly clubs, there are a few places though that are basically bars that are open till 3am, but not many.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever been clubbing in Skeg? I think i'll pass..

ReputationRep:
    I think that its a peronal choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-o)
    This place does lean towards the stay-at-home-and-roleplay-startrek crowd, so most won't find it weird.
    Nail. Head. Bang.

ReputationRep:
    It's not weird - I'm 18, and I don't like clubbing. I'd much rather sit in a pub...bar...restaurant.. anywhere that doesn't involve dancing and arrogant drunk people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    Depends how old they are. I know people here are going to say 'of course not, people like different things'. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    But people also shouldn't be forced to like what they don't like.
    Try it once by all means. But I'm fed up of people my age being labelled as strange just because they don't like something.
    Alt / rock clubs and club nights are good though. Much better music, and much nicer people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.