Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's weird, lol. I have had many NO offers from fit girls
    http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/t...e/DEXLAUGH.gif

I corrected it for you. There's no way Bruno has many offers from fit girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Ohhh lol, yeah Im sure. It was that one about me crying and being never at peace =].
    Oh yeah lol, now I remember.

EDIT: Now it's 4 times :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    I corrected it for you. There's no way Bruno has many offers from fit girls.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=75

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because being overweight is nice and healthy mmmm, sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *agridulce*)
    this is so sweet.
    theres so much negativity around and trying to make larger girls feel bad about themselves.
    watever.
    i like my food.
    A lot of people like their food, they just know when to say enough is enough.

ReputationRep:

Girls: stop letting others brainwash you. What's huge is cute. What's huge is adorable. What's huge is healthy and cuddly. Big girls for the win.

/This statement comes from my annoyance with the other thread about men hating large girls. Supposedly. Feel free to comment. Thank you./
    Depends on your definition of adorable. Huge is NOT healthy, if your weight is causing you short term and long term harm. This applies for men and women. You have not once defined "chubby", and this begs the question what weight would you see as too big? If your defintion of "big" is the weight portrayed by Vogue as "fat" then you are indeed correct, as size 12 is not fat. god.

however that post will also mean you will have a lot of sex. enjoy :p:

ReputationRep:
    So much love in this here thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyc)
    Yes, because being overweight is nice and healthy mmmm, sexy.
    No less sexy than being stick thin. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, really.

Healthy? Yes, if you're nod morbidly obese then yes, it's healthy, much more healthy than forcing yourself to not-eating and going bulimic and self-conscious and generally turning into a wreck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    What weight would you see as too big?
    I don't see anything as too big. Large people should be concerned about their health issues once their cholesterol level goes bonkers and their blood pressure is skyrocketing and so on. If someone is "huge", but the medical check-ups show that all "internal" stuff is OK (there are cases like this), I personally don't see it as a reason to go on a hardcore diet or undergo liposuction and maintain a stick-thin figure, just because "it's fashionable" - in this case the genes beg to differ.

As long as there are no medical reasons to start fighting with your large body shape, e.g. risk of heart attack, I dunno, like I've said - high blood pressure, or steatorrhoeic hepatosis or something, why bother? If your body works OK and there are no health risks associated and expected?

ReputationRep:
    Chubby, skinny, idc. Im just sexy.

ReputationRep:
    chubbies ftw.

ReputationRep:
    Chubby, skinny, idc. Im just sexy.
    Where are the plans, then?!

ReputationRep:
    Where are the plans, then?!
    You tell me, Im good basically any time=]

ReputationRep:
    You tell me, Im good basically any time=]
    This weekend? I'm gonna give it a think and get back to you once stuff is sorted :yep:

ReputationRep:
    This weekend? I'm gonna give it a think and get back to you once stuff is sorted :yep:
    Ok, cool. PM me once it all is

ReputationRep:
    So, being happy with yourself is the same as being an arrogant ****?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything as too big. Large people should be concerned about their health issues once their cholesterol level goes bonkers and their blood pressure is skyrocketing and so on. If someone is "huge", but the medical check-ups show that all "internal" stuff is OK (there are cases like this), I personally don't see it as a reason to go on a hardcore diet or undergo liposuction and maintain a stick-thin figure, just because "it's fashionable" - in this case the genes beg to differ.

As long as there are no medical reasons to start fighting with your large body shape, e.g. risk of heart attack, I dunno, like I've said - high blood pressure, or steatorrhoeic hepatosis or something, why bother? If your body works OK and there are no health risks associated and expected?
    actually you just contradicted yourself a whole bunch of times there, you said that its ok to be large enough (stealing your bolding of random points) if it creates a risk but earlier on you said you should basically eat till your blood pressure is off the meter. also, you said that if "the medical check-ups show that all "internal" stuff is OK" there is no reason to diet. but ordinarily this would be a max weight of say for example a 5'3 woman about 10 stones, which is probably not the kind of chubby that you're talking about.

now if whether the girl is chubby matters more to you than that she takes care of her health and is healthy, then that is a different matter. you cannot pretend like it is one and the same. and it is just as wrong to tell women (and men of ofc) that it is ok to be unhealthily obese as it is to make them think the stick thin figure is healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, cool. PM me once it all is
    I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    you said you should basically [B]eat till your blood pressure is off the meter
    no, I said that people should accept themselves for who they are and not force themselves to be someone else. If they are chubby or fat - it's OK, I know large girls who don't have health problems. I know large girls who are large because their parents are large and these girls can't do anything with it, 'cause even if they'd go on a hardcore diet, they'd have regained the weight anyway in some time - because that is how their body works and these are the genes. And even so - you can get medicines for stuff like hypertension, I suppose, that keep the blood pressure lower, cholesterol level lower, and so on. Can't you? :confused:

I have never said that people should encourage gluttony and spend their lives eating fast foods, 'cause there always are guys who appreciate love-handles around the tummy area. No. But if someone's 'large' and doesn't have any health problems - why bother?

If you really have problems, fight the symptoms (internal-organs associated), not the results (external appearance). It's OK to be large, there are people who like it and a large/above average size is not the reason to go on a diet. Of course we are not talking about morbidly obese here, I assumed it's obvious. I don't know how to word it all more clearly, I'm sorry. :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm not exactly happy about being chubby this thread did make me smile quite a bit

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.