Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    depends how one defines chubby & fat.

ReputationRep:
    you take your skinny girl and multiply by 4, now a whole lotta woman worth a whole lot moreee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    Haha you can't have said that without expecting some sort of response... just think how luckier skinny girls are... us chubs only have 0.1% of guys loving us, you have 99.9%!! (supposedly, lol) and think about it, at least you look good in all clothes. Just because ONE person prefers chubs to the rest of the world who likes the skinnys, we deserve to get a bit of confidence for once. Lol didn't mean to have a go... I just don't think that skinny people ever appreciate how hard it is to be "fat". The amount of times I've heard "omg I'd never let myself get that big" or "why don't they just diet!" well if it was that easy everyone would be skinny!!

Andd waah 0.1%?! I really really hope that's not true!!! If it is, damn you lucky man you have a lot to choose from!!

Also, I reakon you must be a family man, chubbier girls= more motherly, better protection during pregnancy etc... Basic instincts I suppose!!
    That's so not true, a lot of men always talk about how they like some meat on the bones and love curvy women. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    biggest load of babble i;ve ever seen on tsr, seriously dull.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    That's so not true, a lot of men always talk about how they like some meat on the bones and love curvy women. :yep:
    Curvy, not chubby. I think i've lost count of the amount of times this has been said. Curvy means hourglass, with nice boobs, smaller waist, larger hips, nice bum. Of course men will like this, it's the classic voluptuous, womanly shape.
    Chubby, on the other hand generally refers to the apple-shape and those of a larger size. Which on a superficial level isn't as appetising.

I didn't actually read the post of the guy you were contradicting, I just thought I'd address yours because people who put chubby and curvy in the same box make me :mad: I am a curvy size 10/12, measurements 37 bust 32FF, 29 waist and 36 hips. Curvy is supposed to refer to shape, not size or weight. And there's a difference between "meat" and "fat".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    no, I said that people should accept themselves for who they are and not force themselves to be someone else. If they are chubby or fat - it's OK, I know large girls who don't have health problems. I know large girls who are large because their parents are large and these girls can't do anything with it, 'cause even if they'd go on a hardcore diet, they'd have regained the weight anyway in some time - because that is how their body works and these are the genes. And even so - you can get medicines for stuff like hypertension, I suppose, that keep the blood pressure lower, cholesterol level lower, and so on. Can't you? :confused:

I have never said that people should encourage gluttony and spend their lives eating fast foods, 'cause there always are guys who appreciate love-handles around the tummy area. No. But if someone's 'large' and doesn't have any health problems - why bother?

If you really have problems, fight the symptoms (internal-organs associated), not the results (external appearance). It's OK to be large, there are people who like it and a large/above average size is not the reason to go on a diet. Of course we are not talking about morbidly obese here, I assumed it's obvious. I don't know how to word it all more clearly, I'm sorry. :redface:
    how do you know they dont have health problems? lets be fair, chubbyness is the buildup of large amounts of fatty deposits, which include the abdominal area, and also (quite importantly) the internal organs. "no health problems" may just mean "no health problems yet", its like someone smoking 20 a day because they dont have "health problems" when you should be saying "yet".

how do you (and i quote) "fight the symptoms"? by losing weight of course. weight loss is generic across the body, and more importantly, outerlying excess fat is a very, very strong indicator of internal issues, as the fat buildup is, again, generic.

i know you did not say morbidly obese, but i cannot garner any information on what exactly you consider "chubby", if you mean above the unhealthy bar, say for example a 11 stone 5'3 woman, then would you say she is a healthy weight or unhealthy weight and would you also class her as more attractive than a girl with similar features who is the perfectly healthy weight of 9 stone at the same height? just trying to figure that out. I personally dont care if you prefer girls who are obese regardless of their lack of concern for health, but it is the preaching of this as a perfectly healthy option which annoys me. as such if you said the same about size zero models i would have similarly written an essay about how that is silly and also an oxymoron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Ok, cool. PM me once it all is
    I will
    (hah! i predicted this...enjoy )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    i would have similarly written an essay about how that is silly and also an oxymoron.
    I'm sorry Taz - I appreciate your effort, dedication and input to this thread, but going into a heated debate on what is and isn't curvy and what I do consider curvy and what - in turn - overweight, along with my personal line that runs between one and the other and divides former from the latter, is far beyond my notional/cognital abilities at 0:30 AM today. I might return to your post tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, and answer it - right now let's just leave it as it is, I love chubby girls who are bigger-than-your-average, and that's it. ;-)

Thank you very much and have a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    How are you doing? I remember a few of your posts about getting bullied etc. Made me remember when I was younger and hated school because of being bullied and the school not caring. Hope its got better for you.
    You still remember? I'm flattered :p: Luckily, I have managed to shield myself with a group of 'friends' so most of the bullies stay away. The school still doesn't care about the occassional incident but I've only got six months of school left so *shrug*. I am far more happier now - thinking of my future and etc. Plus the bullying is pathetic now, it's just stupid comments about my weight and my lack of sex life (I'm only fifteen ). Glad it's the holidays though! I can wake up at three pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren__x)
    Chubby, skinny, idc. Im just sexy.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...imoncowell.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca_mae57)
    Whats a feeder?
    Dunno what's a "feeder"
    Incase no one has answered:
    'A feeder is an individual who feeds another person. A feedee may be characterized as an individual choosing to gain weight with the aid of a feeder.'
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism

ReputationRep:
    :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Strange thread, guys that like slightly chubby girls aren't that unusual in my experience.

For me:
    Curvy/slightly chubby = great
    Slim and toned = great
    Properly fat/obese = unattractive
    Skinny = unattractive

A little something to grab on to is a perfectly welcome addition to any woman in my eyes, it's when they are so thin/fat that they loook unhealthy that i'm put off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidCow)
    You still remember? I'm flattered :p: Luckily, I have managed to shield myself with a group of 'friends' so most of the bullies stay away. The school still doesn't care about the occassional incident but I've only got six months of school left so *shrug*. I am far more happier now - thinking of my future and etc. Plus the bullying is pathetic now, it's just stupid comments about my weight and my lack of sex life (I'm only fifteen ). Glad it's the holidays though! I can wake up at three pm.
    I remembered that too, glad things have looked up for you now

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's just great Dynamitri, now they'll never lose any weight...

motivate them, for their own good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    You're quite cute :p:
    And I approve of the t shirt and music tastes :yep:

Btw, anyone else working on the society, or am I going to have to take the handles so to speak .
    Thanks *blushes*

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to comment. Thank you.
    This thread makes me a little angry. Just a little. What you're saying is right, but how you said it is horrible. You're saying you prefer 'large' girls ... but also calling us 'huge' and 'chubby' and that there are a lot of guys that would be EMBARASSED to admit finding us girls attractive ... suggesting that we should all be a little bit happier about ourselves because a guy like you could admit to liking us!!! Phwaor! That makes my day... :rolleyes: I don't need to know that 'well groomed' guys could like me, to make me like myself... thank you very much. But thanks for the gesture.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like this thread. You're making those fat girls think it's ok to be fat.

This thread also gives chubby girls a false hope, a few guys pop out of nowhere to express their fondness of the Double XL females, and then they get into a high and think oh it's ok to have another KFC, why not? We can score mysterious Russians kids on the internet. Then they realise the guys in their hometown/city are as shallow as the rest of humanity. This is just a peak in the long rollercoaster down to hell, girls!

ReputationRep:
    Hey the girl speaketh the truth. Like it or not, she sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidCow)
    It's easy to remember when someone's post is very similar to my own experience lol (except for me it was over the fact I'm short, and it was when I was a bit younger, not in secondary school).

Glad you're happier now!

And yeah, I would agree about the holidays, except I still have my mother nagging me to get out of bed by 10am lol.

(Original post by flyinthesky)
    Thanks *blushes*
    lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.