Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    This thread makes me a little angry. Just a little. What you're saying is right, but how you said it is horrible. You're saying you prefer 'large' girls ... but also calling us 'huge' and 'chubby' and that there are a lot of guys that would be EMBARASSED to admit finding us girls attractive ... suggesting that we should all be a little bit happier about ourselves because a guy like you could admit to liking us!!! Phwaor! That makes my day... :rolleyes: I don't need to know that 'well groomed' guys could like me, to make me like myself... thank you very much. But thanks for the gesture.
    Hahahaha, this exactly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, everyone has a type.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me a little angry. Just a little. What you're saying is right, but how you said it is horrible. You're saying you prefer 'large' girls ... but also calling us 'huge' and 'chubby' and that there are a lot of guys that would be EMBARASSED to admit finding us girls attractive ... suggesting that we should all be a little bit happier about ourselves because a guy like you could admit to liking us!!! Phwaor! That makes my day... :rolleyes: I don't need to know that 'well groomed' guys could like me, to make me like myself... thank you very much. But thanks for the gesture.
    Oh come on, I think thats a little harsh.

The fact is a lot of bigger girls do have self confidence issues where they think no-one could ever like them like that, when in reality that's not right at all.

The OP was just pointing this out, and that if you are a bigger girl, there's no need to feel like that, because there are guys out there who will / would like you. Or he was just trying to get repped lol.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. The OP has a major superiority complex. "No one else would want you, but I do" is hardly a flattering message, and mixing compliments with derogatory words is plain confusing.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Love the way you said chubby-chasers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Oh come on, I think thats a little harsh.

The fact is a lot of bigger girls do have self confidence issues where they think no-one could ever like them like that, when in reality that's not right at all.

The OP was just pointing this out, and that if you are a bigger girl, there's no need to feel like that, because there are guys out there who will / would like you. Or he was just trying to get repped lol.
    You are great ... and this is exactly what the OP should have said. But he turned it into some massive shpeel about how we should all be happier because a good looking guy like him could like us. That was unnecessary and TOTALLY irrelevant. You, on the other hand, said the right thing So well done you.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, sweet and honest

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i like you!

ReputationRep:
    Some of the girls who are posting here now

:coma:

:hump2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Some of the girls who are posting here now

:coma:

:hump2:
    agreed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    agreed :p:
    This thread is bringing out those hot chubby girls FO SHO :drool: !

(and some not so good ones...)

ReputationRep:
    I'd say at times I agree with you...

ReputationRep:
    OP turned it into some massive shpeel about how we should all be happier because a good looking guy like him could like us. That was unnecessary and TOTALLY irrelevant.
    You're indubitably twisting what I've said, apparently as the only one girl here, from what I reckon. Some people seem to find an incomprehensible - at least for me - pleasure in picking holes in whatever crops up around them. I won't comment on this one - each to their own, I guess? :confused:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    btw, is mika gay?? I think he's proper fit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    The world of fashion is a rarefied environment. Everything is superficial and manipulated to fit a certain typecast, not just weight. I am not talking about the fashion industry. What I am talking about is the way women treat each other on a personal level.

And what is a 'normal, healthy weight' varies between individuals; and of course you can be both under AND overweight.

If people shouldn't feel guilty about their body size "full stop" then why is this resurgence in pride for larger bodies so closely linked to a disparaging attitude adopted towards skinny girls? You can't deny it - just read your own post that I quoted, and much of the other commentary in this thread.
    I'll admit that my original comment was insensitive and I shouldn't ridiucule genuine eating disorders but surely from the other commentary you can see that there are a lot of pissed off girls out there. The goal posts have been moved, what was once desirable and healthy is now called fat. A lot, if not nearly all girls struggle with their weight - usually but clearly not always with too much of it and sadly ridicule, *****iness, whatever, makes us feel a tiny bit better - and if you say that you have never done that you're a liar.

I agree, women should treat each other better but don't steal our thunder this one time, love handles FTW!

ReputationRep:
    You make my buddha belly feel slightly happy.

Also, sugarlumps should get over herself.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm dont know whether or not to feel slightly patronised that i should feel good cause the OP might like me despite my size or should just take the compliment and be done with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    sadly ridicule, *****iness, whatever, makes us feel a tiny bit better - and if you say that you have never done that you're a liar.

I agree, women should treat each other better but don't steal our thunder this one time, love handles FTW!
    Well I think it's a shame if anyone feels the need to put somebody else down to make themselves feel better. A shame for them. I can't say I've never been *****y, but I can say that since I've stopped comparing myself to other girls I feel a lot better about myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelS)
    Hmmm dont know whether or not to feel slightly patronised that i should feel good cause the OP might like me despite my size or should just take the compliment and be done with it
    There's another way to put yourself down, really. :p:

Chubbiness is part of a good package, not just something that I don't care about.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.