Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelS)
    Hmmm dont know whether or not to feel slightly patronised that i should feel good cause the OP might like me despite my size or should just take the compliment and be done with it
    Patronised, definitely. He is saying it like you should be amazed and incredibly grateful someone as "well groomed" (read: thinks hes hot) would be interested in a girl like you. Him happening to having a preference for size 12+ or whatever doesn't make him some kind of saint whatever he seems to think, and it is a preference quite a few guys share. It is no better or worse than having a preference for skinny girls, or big tits or blue eyes any other physical attribute, even if it is currently not as fashionable.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a fine line between curvy/chubby/fat.

Curvy being size 8/10/12, chubby being 14/16 , fat anything over.

Now are you honestly saying a girl with a bucket is more attractive than a girl that has an arse that you can see without suffocating?

Sorry but I'd say most of the guys look for size 8-12, its where the perfect bodies lie and most guys will agree. It's only the girls that reassure themselves that stickthin is hot. Well it's clearly not. MOST GUYS DO LIKE CURVES.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez. Why do people always go off on one about their particular 'type'...don't you just like the people that you like and find people attractive for what ever reason?! Why do guys always seem to have a particular 'genre' of girl? Yes, so most guys will normally flick through magazines and go 'PHWOAR' at the thinner, bustier girls... but in the real world, who gives a crap. We all are who we are and we should like each other because of THAT, not because we tick all the boxes in your checklist! Whatever you're describing yourself as in this thread; as someone who goes for thin/'large'/ or normal sized healthy happy individuals... you're automatically setting criteria that you want people to meet. Stop it, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isherwood)
    Now are you honestly saying a girl with a bucket is more attractive than a girl that has an arse that you can see without suffocating?
    Not the way I would have put it, but yes.
    As I have said, there is a difference between fat and obese though.
    Generally, obese girls are too big for me to like.
    But if she's just big (chubby, fat, whatever you want to call it), then I would probably be more attracted to her than a skinnier girl.

Also remember, for the most part, bigger girls also have bigger boobs. (google image search for proof :p:).

(Original post by sugarlumps.)
    Jeez. Why do people always go off on one about their particular 'type'...don't you just like the people that you like and find people attractive for what ever reason?! Why do guys always seem to have a particular 'genre' of girl? Yes, so most guys will normally flick through magazines and go 'PHWOAR' at the thinner, bustier girls... but in the real world, who gives a crap. We all are who we are and we should like each other because of THAT, not because we tick all the boxes in your checklist! Whatever you're describing yourself as in this thread; as someone who goes for thin/'large'/ or normal sized healthy happy individuals... you're automatically setting criteria that you want people to meet. Stop it, please.
    I somewhat agree with you. However, people are more attracted to some features than others. Some people prefer shorter girls, some taller, some prefer blondes, some prefer thin girls, some of us prefer larger girls. It's not a checklist, is just what we are more attracted to.

For me anyway, a person doesn't have to fall into any "type", just I find myself attracted more to girls who do (some of the girls I've seen and throught "she looks really cute" have really surprised me, because their not usually the type of girl I am attracted to.

ReputationRep:
    It all realy dosen't matter theres someone for everyone out there how ever much of a fatty or skinny you are looool

ReputationRep:
    i cannot believe how boring this thread has become. Same arguments OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarlumps.)
    I totally agree with you!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good for you, that's quite refreshing to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    No less sexy than being stick thin. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, really.

Healthy? Yes, if you're nod morbidly obese then yes, it's healthy, much more healthy than forcing yourself to not-eating and going bulimic and self-conscious and generally turning into a wreck.
    That's a bit extreme, I never said it was healthy or attractive to be stick thin. This may be news to you; there is such thing as middle-ground.

ReputationRep:
    I used to chase after them 'magazine's girls' and realized that it's just what modern society favour in every single step - from simple beauty adverts to catwalks - an adorable size 8 or whatsoever you wanna call it. My match was 10 and recently 12 and found it really beautifull. Completly natural. So there is everyones match out there and should not generalise whether we (guys) dating a beauty standard or not.

ReputationRep:
    A-mother fuking-MEN! ;OD

ReputationRep:
    When I saw the title of this thread, I was actually expecting you to admit liking overweight/obese girls. I really don't see how Lacey Turner is chubby!

ReputationRep:

You just restored my faith in the human race
    Are you actually being serious though?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better than chubby/fat girls. My ex was about 15 stone but I'd definitely go bigger (or smaller).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Also remember, for the most part, bigger girls also have bigger boobs. (google image search for proof :p:).
    yeah but they'll be all fatty and saggy and grosss eughh

ReputationRep:
    I prefer chubby women too, not huge but say a size 14-16 on an average sized woman. I also love tall women and sadly the two don't seem to come together very often .

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to let the chubbier girls know: don't conform to the society's standards. Be yourself and love yourself for who you are. There are men who are into curves. There are good looking men who are into curves. Truth is, many of them won't admit it publicly - in fear of embarrassment in front of their mates, knowing the preconceptions about larger girls. These guys, they're not worth hanging out with, but still, it shows that there are guys who actually appreciate what's over-the-average.

Girls: stop letting others brainwash you. What's huge is cute. What's huge is adorable. What's huge is healthy and cuddly. Big girls for the win.
    I love you.

ReputationRep:
    Will you marry me?

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    It's weird, lol. I have had many offers from fit girls, I have been dating slim and tall girls, model types, but that just didn't work. Ever.

No idea why, no idea where does it steam from, but chubby girls just give me the sort of sensation that a slim girl can't. I don't understand it exactly, but every single slim and fit girl has got something missing for me.

I know the beauty standards of modern society. They're the total opposite of what I'm into.

Lily Allen, back in her chubbier days. Lacey Turner. Trisha Paytas. Kelly Osbourne. I could go on, and on, and on. Fabulous. You can never, ever ever go wrong with a bit of love handles and a body to hug.

What makes me even more happy is that - supposedly - 99.9% of guys are not into these kinds of women, so us chubby-chasers have got a WHOLE size-group to ourselves :awesome:

How awesome is that? :teeth:

I just wanted to let the chubbier girls know: don't conform to the society's standards. Be yourself and love yourself for who you are. There are men who are into curves. There are good looking men who are into curves. Truth is, many of them won't admit it publicly - in fear of embarrassment in front of their mates, knowing the preconceptions about larger girls. These guys, they're not worth hanging out with, but still, it shows that there are guys who actually appreciate what's over-the-average.

Then, there are well-groomed guys who just have guts to admit publicly what their preferences are. I am one of them, I don't have any shame in admitting that I'd take a chubby girl over a stick-thin one anytime. :yep:

Girls: stop letting others brainwash you. What's huge is cute. What's huge is adorable. What's huge is healthy and cuddly. Big girls for the win.

/This statement comes from my annoyance with the other thread about men hating large girls. Supposedly. Feel free to comment. Thank you./
    so i have hope. lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.