Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    You're cute. No, seriously, you are and I mean it. I've been thinking that since I saw you here, on the TSR, for the very first time. Nice that I can share that with you on such an ammmazing opportunity like this one ;-)
    :o:

Wow, thank you You're so sweet! And you actually made me blush lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    Silent Chaos said "click societies at the top, then click it again. click "create own society" on the scroll down menu. make sure you scroll through the list to see if the society you want to create has already been created or not."

Well... How about the size 14+ society? most people are not size zero... but they are all still skinny wenches!!
    So shall I create it or will you do the honours? we could contribute to it together.
    Personally I find it insulting that people presume that if you are over size twelve, you must be dying from heart attack/diabetes/cancer and so on. I'm size 14 and there is nothing wrong with me!
    Shall we call it 12+ society, sinse so many people think that sizes over 10 are overweight?

ReputationRep:
    I am a size 16...
    Your face is misleading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    If that is your preference, then great.

I don't however understand the need to knock skinny girls. Not all of us have starved ourselves and overexercised because we think being skinny is desirable. I am skinny because of my genetic make-up.

I hate the double standard that has emerged alongside the backlash against the nation's weight fixation - that while larger girls should be happy with and love their bodies (and I agree that they have every right to), skinny girls shouldn't. Or that we must be this weight because we don't really love ourselves and are conforming to society's standards. Or that we should feel guilty for being skinny.

Honestly, the number of times I've heard off-the-cuff remarks like "skinny as a rake" in open social situations. Can you imagine the response if I said, "she is as fat as a hippo"'? I think some of my friends would stop talking to me. Luckily, I would NEVER say that.

This for example:

is cheap and unnecessary. If I made a similar remark, but directed at larger girls, I would probably be called out for it by many of my fellow forum members (and rightly so).
    Don't worry, I like girls indiscriminately

ReputationRep:
    OP....at this rate you shall be a very happy man.....but.... woot.! go OP...!:clap2: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    So shall I create it or will you do the honours? we could contribute to it together.
    Personally I find it insulting that people presume that if you are over size twelve, you must be dying from heart attack/diabetes/cancer and so on. I'm size 14 and there is nothing wrong with me!
    Shall we call it 12+ society, sinse so many people think that sizes over 10 are overweight?
    Yeah, go for it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    Your face is misleading.
    Yeah... sometimes it is... and sometimes photos can be taken at strategic angles...

And, chubby girls like ugly guys. Everyone's a winner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And, chubby girls like ugly guys. Everyone's a winner!
    I don't.

ReputationRep:
    And I have a feeling that Dynamitri is indeed rep whoring.
    It's somehow sad, that when someone has the balls to come out with an honest and sincere - although remarkably unpopular - statement, some people (instead of appreciating) start nosing around for fishy, double-bottomed innuendos, rep-whoring, fishing for compliments and whatnot.

I had a read through that other thread, 250+ replies, bashing off chubby girls, incredible amounts of real, real hating and cruelty, and felt that it can't be left like this. Just wanted to let it all out, did it for myself - first and foremost, 'cause I felt like doing this and wanted to do this. And I do what I want in my life. If it makes someone happy at the same time - that's great.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my statement and about what I feel - just like with anything else in life. My life. If I made someone happy by saying how I feel and assuring some girls that there are cool and down to earth, and maybe even good-looking boys, who aren't into models 100%, or even aren't into models at all - that's amazing.

I like when what I do makes people smile and makes their days better. What's weird is that it's the honesty, sincerity and goodwill that is - as evidenced - considered dodgy and arouses suspicions, instead of rudeness, cheekiness and general antisociality, that seems to be accepted without batting an eye? :confused:

What is the world we live in?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, go for it!!!
    actually, there is "I love my curves" society, do you think we would be doubling them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm posting in the I LOVE CHUBBY GIRLS thread, cos I do
    even though my gf is pretty skinny

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between "curvy" and "chubby" and quite frankly I'm not sure whether you can distinguish properly between one and the other.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, go for it!!!
    There's no need to make a new society - there's a similar one already called "I Love My Curves". It's basically top of the societies page, or close to the top anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... sometimes it is... and sometimes photos can be taken at strategic angles...
    and sometimes people are just good looking, no matter the size they are lol.

One thing I am wondering, is there a link between the size someone is and what size they like in the opposite sex? I mean I'm a little overweight (BMI is 26 - though you probably wouldn't be able to tell if you saw me on the street or whatever), and I prefer bigger girls. Is that because I'm a bit bigger myself, or is that just the type of girl I prefer lol.

(Original post by Eva2)
    There's a difference between "curvy" and "chubby" and quite frankly I'm not sure whether you can distinguish properly between one and the other.
    I think you can, you can be curvy without having a big (or larger) stomach.
    For me the difference is however:
    curvy girls = hot
    chubby (and fat) girls = :drool:

ReputationRep:
    It's somehow sad, that when someone has the balls to come out with an honest and sincere - although remarkably unpopular - statement, some people (instead of appreciating) start nosing around for fishy, double-bottomed innuendos, rep-whoring, fishing for compliments and whatnot.

I had a read through that other thread, 250+ replies, bashing off chubby girls, incredible amounts of real, real hating and cruelty, and felt that it can't be left like this. Just wanted to let it all out, did it for myself - first and foremost, 'cause I felt like doing this and wanted to do this. And I do what I want in my life. If it makes someone happy at the same time - that's great.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my statement and about what I feel - just like with anything else in life. My life. If I made someone happy by saying how I feel and assuring some girl that there are cool and down to earth, and maybe even good-looking boys who aren't into models 100% or even not are into models at all - that's amazing.

I like when what I do makes people smile and makes their days better. What's weird is that the honesty, sincerity and goodwill is - as evidenced - considered dodgy and arouses suspicions, instead of rudeness, cheekiness and general antisociality, that seems to be accepted without batting an eye? :confused:

Yeah, isn't it sad that I, as a "chubby girl" have got such low self esteem that I immediately assume that you are either taking the piss or being insincere. It's not that I don't want to believe what you are saying...

Answer: The world we live in is cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    If that is your preference, then great.

I don't however understand the need to knock skinny girls. Not all of us have starved ourselves and overexercised because we think being skinny is desirable. I am skinny because of my genetic make-up.

I hate the double standard that has emerged alongside the backlash against the nation's weight fixation - that while larger girls should be happy with and love their bodies (and I agree that they have every right to), skinny girls shouldn't. Or that we must be this weight because we don't really love ourselves and are conforming to society's standards. Or that we should feel guilty for being skinny.

Honestly, the number of times I've heard off-the-cuff remarks like "skinny as a rake" in open social situations. Can you imagine the response if I said, "she is as fat as a hippo"'? I think some of my friends would stop talking to me. Luckily, I would NEVER say that.

This for example:

is cheap and unnecessary. If I made a similar remark, but directed at larger girls, I would probably be called out for it by many of my fellow forum members (and rightly so).
    I completely agree with you, I'm glad you said this because I was thinking it but I couldn't quite word it correctly.

Basically, whether people like skinny/chubby/any other shape girls isn't really of upmost importance, so long as we all respect each other.
    Cheesy? Yeeeeah but never mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    and sometimes people are just good looking, no matter the size they are lol.

One thing I am wondering, is there a link between the size someone is and what size they like in the opposite sex? I mean I'm a little overweight (BMI is 26 - though you probably wouldn't be able to tell if you saw me on the street or whatever), and I prefer bigger girls. Is that because I'm a bit bigger myself, or is that just the type of girl I prefer lol.
    That's a really good question. I am not sure, I mean, my BMI is 27, and I can't really imagine being with a really skinny guy just cause it wouldn't feel like it fit, you know?

Personally, I think it is all a matter of personal preference and a person's psychological status and has nothing to do with genetics.

ReputationRep:

I don't care what anyone thinks about my statement and about what I feel - just like with anything else in life. My life. If I made someone happy by saying how I feel and assuring some girls that there are cool and down to earth, and maybe even good-looking boys, who aren't into models 100%, or even aren't into models at all - that's amazing.

I like when what I do makes people smile and makes their days better. What's weird is that it's the honesty, sincerity and goodwill that is - as evidenced - considered dodgy and arouses suspicions, instead of rudeness, cheekiness and general antisociality, that seems to be accepted without batting an eye? :confused:

Don't worry, for a thread like that no amount of reps is too much. I have bben waiting for one of those for too long to appear. And the fat-hating threads kept cropping up

ReputationRep:
    The world we live in is cruel.
    It's weird. It shouldn't have been that way. It shouldn't be that way. There should be a place for people with genuine emotions and good intentions, and people shouldn't be afraid to show them.

It's scary. Freaks me out. Girls - you need to start believing in this, otherwise noone ever will get out of this hellhole of self-consciousness and lack of blissful self-esteem.

I can tell you that I like you. Someone else can tell you that he likes you. But if you, yourself won't believe that we're genuine, if you yourself won't start appreciating yourself, valuing yourself, treating yourself with respect and believing you might be likeable, loveable, have someone feel attracted to you, then nothing's ever gonna change.

It sounds like preaching, lol. But I guess someone had to do this, at some point, 'cause the amount of hate, abhorrence and abomination towards larger girls here is absolutely overwhelming and tremendously shattering.

:eek:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.