Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to ask this question though...why are you "chubby" girls actually chubby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Nice statistic you just made up there :rolleyes:
    Who cares? 66% of statistics are made up completely randomly anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I'd like to ask this question though...why are you "chubby" girls actually chubby?
    Hard to say. My parents are quite big so there might be a genetic/lifestyle thing, and even though I exercise its more for actual fun rather than to lose weight specifically. I do stuff myself if stressed, although I control myself if everyone tells me I am fat, just to stop listening to that. That is why my weight goes up and down.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a preference. It just ***** me off that so many straight males conform to the idea that any girl above a size 14 isn't attractive and that straight females conform to the idea that any boy under a 32 belt size and 40 chest size isn't attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for this thread
    I hate my curves and am currently eating hardly anything and exercising for hours on end to get rid of them! It's nice to know that some men like curves though Thank you for making me feel a tiny bit better about myself x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Don't worry, for a thread like that no amount of reps is too much. I have bben waiting for one of those for too long to appear. And the fat-hating threads kept cropping up
    Maybe you should stop basing your sense of self-worth on TSR forum threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)

I hate the double standard that has emerged alongside the backlash against the nation's weight fixation - that while larger girls should be happy with and love their bodies (and I agree that they have every right to), skinny girls shouldn't. Or that we must be this weight because we don't really love ourselves and are conforming to society's standards. Or that we should feel guilty for being skinny.

Honestly, the number of times I've heard off-the-cuff remarks like "skinny as a rake" in open social situations. Can you imagine the response if I said, "she is as fat as a hippo"'? I think some of my friends would stop talking to me. Luckily, I would NEVER say that.
    Some people stick up for being a NORMAL, HEALTHY weight and all of a sudden it's a double standard backlash?! Do you see size 10, or even 8 on the cat walk, in magazines, even mannakins in shop windows ffs?
    People shouldn't feel guilty about the size and shape of their body full stop, and if we can't have a laugh at this ridiculous image of "normal", what else is there. Being naturally skinny is one thing, being malnourished and close to death is another and should not be promoted.

ReputationRep:
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I don't base my sense of self-worth on TSR, I don't give a fig about what they say, and I am generally happy with myself. But the amount of these threads was annoying. Not depressing, but annoying

ReputationRep:
    excellent. thanks for sharing that useless stupid information to us. prick!

ReputationRep:
    It's not only this, though, take a look around. Wherever you look you've got slim people around: the TV, the magazines, music videos; hardly any celebrities are chubby, let alone overweight, and those who are go for liposuction sooner or later anyway and conform to the general standards.

It's gotta bring the girls down, but I kinda understand it, have been self-conscious for a long time myself, but not because of the weight, though. My childhood has been a hell-hole because I've always been the shortest one in the group and I've been picked up on it a lot as a kid. Luckily I don't have problems with it anymore and most of the girls I've med did not have, either. Like to make fun of it, now, as evidenced by my sneaky and smirky remarks here and there, especially in the threads about short guys here, on the TSR ;-)

But maybe that is the very reason why I understand them more than most of the guys here, as we used to share a similar problem of being "off" the mainstream concept of beauty?

ReputationRep:
    I love them too.

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    So shall I create it or will you do the honours? we could contribute to it together.
    Personally I find it insulting that people presume that if you are over size twelve, you must be dying from heart attack/diabetes/cancer and so on. I'm size 14 and there is nothing wrong with me!
    Shall we call it 12+ society, sinse so many people think that sizes over 10 are overweight?

its what ive been brought up to believe.thanks to a quiet nasty ex, image based culture and a lovely conversation with mother (oh but you were so cute as a baby, as to say wtf has happened to your looks since). i am a size 10, 5ft 7 and i have had my fair share of fat comments.....(and this is the biggest i have EVER been. normally an 6-8 but first year of uni has led me to a 10. and even when i was a 6 i had a nasty ex giving me fat comments and being a little bully but no self esteem i dieted to please him; stopped having periods for mst of the 3 months i was with him and several months after till i gained the weight again; and despite this i was still deemed as fat a part of me knew this wasnt right and that i looked hidious but i also wanted to please him and to be attractive to guys so it wasnt till we split after 3 months that i slowely gained the weight again (must have been a 4 or something as some 6's were too baggy for me) rents did notice but not for a while as i was never in the house and when they did they were just like oh you were skinny, but some weight on but not too much, you dont want to be fat now do you...nice to know im looked out for!

tbh i think its sad that some girls are so insecure that they base their whole self esteem around whether guys or other people find them attractive. but guys..think of it this way.....if a fair amount of girls are like this (unfortunately) then you have the power to reduce obesity and overdieting to make yourself thinner (not the same as anorexia as that is a different matter) but just talking about girls who are fine mentally but who make the decision to get to a size 6 or something to feel more attractive, and get men, etc (i know this isnt the only reason but the others are not relevant here). then if you shower your attention at healthy girls (not too thin or too large to the point that their health is at risk) then maybe, girls will begin to have more confidence in themselves.

taken me untill now to realise that im not large and i never have been; and that anyone who told me otherwise was an idiot.

not saying this in an arrogant way but i did get quiet alot of attention of guys when i was a 6 and practically get very little now. i know this is abit extreme but it just goes to show how badly this image based culture is affecting alot of girls and guys perceptions of what is pretty, sexy or even healthy

this is madness!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's weird, lol. I have had many offers from fit girls, I have been dating slim and tall girls, model types, but that just didn't work. Ever.

No idea why, no idea where does it steam from, but chubby girls just give me the sort of sensation that a slim girl can't. I don't understand it exactly, but every single slim and fit girl has got something missing for me.

I know the beauty standards of modern society. They're the total opposite of what I'm into.

Lily Allen, back in her chubbier days. Lacey Turner. Trisha Paytas. Kelly Osbourne. I could go on, and on, and on. Fabulous. You can never, ever ever go wrong with a bit of love handles and a body to hug.

What makes me even more happy is that - supposedly - 99.9% of guys are not into these kinds of women, so us chubby-chasers have got a WHOLE size-group to ourselves :awesome:

How awesome is that? :teeth:

I just wanted to let the chubbier girls know: don't conform to the society's standards. Be yourself and love yourself for who you are. There are men who are into curves. There are good looking men who are into curves. Truth is, many of them won't admit it publicly - in fear of embarrassment in front of their mates, knowing the preconceptions about larger girls. These guys, they're not worth hanging out with, but still, it shows that there are guys who actually appreciate what's over-the-average.

Then, there are well-groomed guys who just have guts to admit publicly what their preferences are. I am one of them, I don't have any shame in admitting that I'd take a chubby girl over a stick-thin one anytime. :yep:

Girls: stop letting others brainwash you. What's huge is cute. What's huge is adorable. What's huge is healthy and cuddly. Big girls for the win.

/This statement comes from my annoyance with the other thread about men hating large girls. Supposedly. Feel free to comment. Thank you./
    Made.my.day.

its what ive been brought up to believe, that anything above a 10 or even a 10 in some cases is "chubby", thanks to a quiet nasty ex, image based culture and a lovely conversation with mother (oh but you were so cute as a baby, as to say wtf has happened to your looks since). i am a size 10, 5ft 7 and i have had my fair share of fat comments.....(and this is the biggest i have EVER been. normally an 6-8 but first year of uni has led me to a 10. and even when i was a 6 i had a nasty ex giving me fat comments and being a little bully but no self esteem i dieted to please him; stopped having periods for mst of the 3 months i was with him and several months after till i gained the weight again; and despite this i was still deemed as fat a part of me knew this wasnt right and that i looked hidious but i also wanted to please him and to be attractive to guys so it wasnt till we split after 3 months that i slowely gained the weight again (must have been a 4 or something as some 6's were too baggy for me) rents did notice but not for a while as i was never in the house and when they did they were just like oh you were skinny, but some weight on but not too much, you dont want to be fat now do you...nice to know im looked out for!

tbh i think its sad that some girls are so insecure that they base their whole self esteem around whether guys or other people find them attractive. but guys..think of it this way.....if a fair amount of girls are like this (unfortunately) then you have the power to reduce obesity and overdieting to make yourself thinner (not the same as anorexia as that is a different matter) but just talking about girls who are fine mentally but who make the decision to get to a size 6 or something to feel more attractive, and get men, etc (i know this isnt the only reason but the others are not relevant here). then if you shower your attention at healthy girls (not too thin or too large to the point that their health is at risk) then maybe, girls will begin to have more confidence in themselves.

taken me untill now to realise that im not large and i never have been; and that anyone who told me otherwise was an idiot.

not saying this in an arrogant way but i did get quiet alot of attention of guys when i was a 6 and practically get very little now. i know this is abit extreme but it just goes to show how badly this image based culture is affecting alot of girls and guys perceptions of what is pretty, sexy or even healthy

this is madness!!

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with OP.

There is a line though, I guess it would depend on th girl. I don't have any fixed ideas like "if a girl is above size 14 she is a no go area".

ReputationRep:
    oh wow uve made my day xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    its what ive been brought up to believe.thanks to a quiet nasty ex, image based culture and a lovely conversation with mother (oh but you were so cute as a baby, as to say wtf has happened to your looks since). i am a size 10, 5ft 7 and i have had my fair share of fat comments.....(and this is the biggest i have EVER been. normally an 6-8 but first year of uni has led me to a 10. and even when i was a 6 i had a nasty ex giving me fat comments and being a little bully but no self esteem i dieted to please him; stopped having periods for mst of the 3 months i was with him and several months after till i gained the weight again; and despite this i was still deemed as fat a part of me knew this wasnt right and that i looked hidious but i also wanted to please him and to be attractive to guys so it wasnt till we split after 3 months that i slowely gained the weight again (must have been a 4 or something as some 6's were too baggy for me) rents did notice but not for a while as i was never in the house and when they did they were just like oh you were skinny, but some weight on but not too much, you dont want to be fat now do you...nice to know im looked out for!

this is madness!!
    :console: It sounds quite bad, but I hope you are Ok now and chased off your nasty ex with a broom
    I was bullied at school too, for being fat, but I guess thats just cruelty of life, people get bullied for all reasons imaginable.
    P.S My gran and aunt still call me fat. Even fater not seeing me for 2 years, as soon as I visited them i had a lot of "helpful" comments.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    <3 Fat and chubby girls :love:

But skinny girls can gain weight if they don't fit the bill. Good girls need to be pleasantly plump

ReputationRep:
    We like you ^_^

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.