Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You like big butts and you cannot lie?

(Original post by Emily069)
    That's a really good question. I am not sure, I mean, my BMI is 27, and I can't really imagine being with a really skinny guy just cause it wouldn't feel like it fit, you know?

Personally, I think it is all a matter of personal preference and a person's psychological status and has nothing to do with genetics.
    Oh trust me, it'd fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    Some people stick up for being a NORMAL, HEALTHY weight and all of a sudden it's a double standard backlash?! Do you see size 10, or even 8 on the cat walk, in magazines, even mannakins in shop windows ffs?
    The world of fashion is a rarefied environment. Everything is superficial and manipulated to fit a certain typecast, not just weight. I am not talking about the fashion industry. What I am talking about is the way women treat each other on a personal level.

And what is a 'normal, healthy weight' varies between individuals; and of course you can be both under AND overweight.

If people shouldn't feel guilty about their body size "full stop" then why is this resurgence in pride for larger bodies so closely linked to a disparaging attitude adopted towards skinny girls? You can't deny it - just read your own post that I quoted, and much of the other commentary in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophistress)
    The world of fashion is a rarefied environment. Everything is superficial and manipulated to fit a certain typecast, not just weight. I am not talking about the fashion industry. What I am talking about is the way women treat each other on a personal level.

And what is a 'normal, healthy weight' varies between individuals; and of course you can be both under AND overweight.

If people shouldn't feel guilty about their body size "full stop" then why is this resurgence in pride for larger bodies so closely linked to a disparaging attitude adopted towards skinny girls? You can't deny it - just read your own post that I quoted, and much of the other commentary in this thread.
    I can't remember singlling out skinny or slim girls on this thread or ever in my life- I have a variety of friends who fall into that category, and I never said anything disparaging to them (or about them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    So shall I create it or will you do the honours? we could contribute to it together.
    Personally I find it insulting that people presume that if you are over size twelve, you must be dying from heart attack/diabetes/cancer and so on. I'm size 14 and there is nothing wrong with me!
    Shall we call it 12+ society, sinse so many people think that sizes over 10 are overweight?
    Definitely.

God, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    It's not only this, though, take a look around. Wherever you look you've got slim people around: the TV, the magazines, music videos; hardly any celebrities are chubby, let alone overweight, and those who are go for liposuction sooner or later anyway and conform to the general standards.
    I used to look at girls in magazines and on TV and think I could never be attractive like they are. I have small breasts and red hair, I couldn't possibly be. And you know what? It wasn't any shift in the media that made me reconsider my feelings of self-worth. If I was still looking to those sources then I would most likely still feel crap about myself.

The change had to be in MY OWN attitude towards myself. Nobody can dictate your own sense of self-woth unless you allow them to. To be fair though, this is something that I've come to learn over time.

ReputationRep:
    ha? :/
    Do you mean you like fat girls or just curvy-like not stick thin,anorexic look?

ReputationRep:
    The more Dynamitri talks the more I think he's trying to enter some Miss(ter?) World contest.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fat girls i wouldn't get too happy with your current predicament. Some Russian dude may love flab but most guys don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Oh trust me, it'd fit
    Heheheheheheh.... or would it?

Heheheheheheh.... or would it?
    Well, if you don't believe me, you could always try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seagram__)
    ha? :/
    Do you mean you like fat girls or just curvy-like not stick thin,anorexic look?
    I like chubby and fat girls. Let's say "curvy" is sort of inbetween skinny and chubby, whereas fat is bigger than chubby. That's how it seems to be, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Yeah fat girls i wouldn't get too happy with your current predicament. Some Russian dude may love flab but most guys don't.
    More than you think, really.

It isn't just some Russian pimp :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Definitely.

God, yes
    ok, so I decided to call it "The 12+ size and their admirers society" Its not quite the same as "I love my curves" society, is it? Anyway, people less than 12 size are invited but wiht one condition - no disparaging remarks about big people. the discussions can be about pretty much anything, and everyone on this thread is expected to visit/join (apart from haters!)

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind chubby girls .. its obese/very fat girls i have a problem with

ReputationRep:
    Dymitri doesn't fancy me :bawling: and hes so well-groomed as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Look how many guys have said they do in this thread alone.
    More people fancy bigger girls than most people think. Mainly because a lot of guys don't like to admit it.

(Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I like chubby and fat girls. Let's say "curvy" is sort of inbetween skinny and chubby, whereas fat is bigger than chubby. That's how it seems to be, anyway.
    Yep, I'd agree with that.

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    ok, so I decided to call it "The 12+ size and their admirers society" Its not quite the same as "I love my curves" society, is it? Anyway, people less than 12 size are invited but wiht one condition - no disparaging remarks about big people. the discussions can be about pretty much anything, and everyone on this thread is expected to visit/join (apart from haters!)
    There any link for us to click on? lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Look how many guys have said they do in this thread alone.
    More people fancy bigger girls than most people think. Mainly because a lot of guys don't like to admit it.

Yep, I'd agree with that.

There any link for us to click on? lol.
    There will be a in a mo.Lol
    you of course, are an honorary admirer, along with Dinamitry (Is he rreally from Russia?)
    Can't create the bloody society, so its either up to anyone else or finito :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... sometimes it is... and sometimes photos can be taken at strategic angles...
    If you were that self-concious I would question why you put a deliberately misleading picture up at all. But for what it is worth: you have an attractive face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evantej)
    If you were that self-concious I would question why you put a deliberately misleading picture up at all. But for what it is worth: you have an attractive face.
    Obviously I am not that self concious then. I didn't say I was... I just have issues, as most teenage females do nowadays.

And it's worth alot, thanks

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.