Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAriadne)
    How are your families about this? Are they supportive of you two, or was there any problems when you first met?
    His parents were understandably not too keen on the idea at first. They have come around to it now and are actually starting to help out with stuff, his mum has donated us quite a posh microwave. They have refused to act as guarantors though, which is fine because my mum is doing it for both of us.

We didn't really have any major problems when we first met, I found his parents slightly hostile at first but I think that was mainly because he didn't introduce me properly for a while. Since we got that sorted out it has all been fine, his mum even gives me recipes and things. He isn't very close to his parents, definitely not compared to how close I am with mine. My parents liked him from the start, but then they have given all my boyfriends a chance in the past, even the one who got stoned at a family party.

Urmmm I think that is it for problems. We don't have any personally, never even had a proper arguement, there have been a few very minor disagreements but that is all.

Why do you ask, are you having parent/in-law problems?

Oh how funny at what time this forum started ...
    as in i was feeling a little broody earlier...
    i like little children because i babysit my cousins often (they're 4 girls under 5)
    but after a while i'm glad in my house there's no little kids they require alot of energy etc. so its nice to go away and give them back to their mother etc.

LOL i know i am definatley not ready... i mean 24/7 for someone else ... i really enjoy alone time ALOT... if anything i get way toooo horny recently...
    im single and a virgin lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I don't meant to be judgmental, but I think you're mad marrying someone you've never ever lived with
    who're you referring to? My husband and I lived together for a while before getting married

ReputationRep:
    How are your families about this? Are they supportive of you two, or was there any problems when you first met?
    Just thought i'd put my twopence worth in - there were a few probs with my husband's family when we first met.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Weed)
    Don't worry - I'm sensible, i won't be having children just yet, I just really wish it was time!! (but at the same time I don't, as I don't wanna grow up too fast:p: )
    If you don't mind me asking, did your mum plan to have you or were you a surprise? My mother had me quite late in her life, as the doctors had always told her she couldn't have children, and it came as a real surprise to her!
    I definitely wasn't planned

I would have liked children around now, but doesn't fit with my career plans at present, I couldn't provide for a child pratically or emotionally and my significant other is now a significant number of swear words so it isn't going to happen just yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!
    I'm 19 been with my bf for 2 years now. I love children im so good with them im a part time nanny for two 2 year olds and love it!
    I get broody sometimes and start thinking about baby names lmfao but my bf mom is even worse we went round last week and she got the baby name book out lmfao! My bf is 24 i know he would be a great daddy! i know id be a good mummy as well but i want to wait and finish university save a little money up first! i want kids before im 25 anyway.

My bf family are great apart from his dad. My bf doesnt see the problem but his dad never asks me round to his house when my bf goes around and if i do go over he just looks like his in a mood because im there :s I go to my bf moms house with him every week we get on great. me and my bf live together i think his dad needs to get over whatever is going on with him because one day me and my boyfriend will have his grandchildren and if he thinks he can have a relationship with them excluding me his very wrong! I have never done anything to upset him i just think its because im a huge part in his sons life and his jellous of that.

rant over lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    His parents were understandably not too keen on the idea at first. They have come around to it now and are actually starting to help out with stuff, his mum has donated us quite a posh microwave. They have refused to act as guarantors though, which is fine because my mum is doing it for both of us.

We didn't really have any major problems when we first met, I found his parents slightly hostile at first but I think that was mainly because he didn't introduce me properly for a while. Since we got that sorted out it has all been fine, his mum even gives me recipes and things. He isn't very close to his parents, definitely not compared to how close I am with mine. My parents liked him from the start, but then they have given all my boyfriends a chance in the past, even the one who got stoned at a family party.

Urmmm I think that is it for problems. We don't have any personally, never even had a proper arguement, there have been a few very minor disagreements but that is all.

Why do you ask, are you having parent/in-law problems?
    Well, you could say that. When we met, we had a lot of problems with his parents, and a couple of years later, here we are, 250 miles away from them and everything we know, having changed our name and covered our tracks as best we could so that they can never find us.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you could say that. When we met, we had a lot of problems with his parents, and a couple of years later, here we are, 250 miles away from them and everything we know, having changed our name and covered our tracks as best we could so that they can never find us.
    Oh god that must have been some serious problems. At least you have managed to get away, doing something like that is an incredible demonstration of how much you love eachother. What was the situation that caused you to do all that? If you don't mind talking about it of course, and how are you finding your whole new life? Is it exciting or do you miss your old life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seleneybob)
    hey everyone!
    im 19 been with my bf for 2 years now. I love children im so good with them im a part time nanny for 2 2 year olds and love it!
    I get broody sumtimes and start thinkin bout baby names lmfao but my bf mom is even worse we went round last week and she got the baby name book out lmfao! My bf is 24 i know he would b a great daddy! i know id b a gd mummy as well but i want to wait and finsh university save a lil money up first! i want kids before im 25 anyway.

My bf family r gr8 apart from his dad. My bf doesnt see the problem but his dad never asks me round to his house when my bf gos around and if i do go over he just looks like his in a mood because im there :s I go to my bf moms house with him every week we get on great. me and my bf live together i think his dad needs to get over whatever is going on with him because one day me and my boyfriend will have his grandchildren and if he thinks he can have a relationship with them excluding me his very wrong! I have never done anything to upset him i just think its because im a huge part in his sons life and his jellous of that.

rant over lol
    You sound like you have a really good thing going with your bf and his mum - you're very lucky! And, as you said, pooh to his dad. If he has a problem with you being part of his son's life, then he's the one who will end up losing out.
    You have all my sympathy - i know what it's like when your partner's family don't want you around, and seem jealous of you, and it's sooo irritating (you think 'why can't we all just be a family'??!).

My rant over!:p:

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone!
    im 19 been with my bf for 2 years now. I love children im so good with them im a part time nanny for 2 2 year olds and love it!
    I get broody sumtimes and start thinkin bout baby names lmfao but my bf mom is even worse we went round last week and she got the baby name book out lmfao! My bf is 24 i know he would b a great daddy! i know id b a gd mummy as well but i want to wait and finsh university save a lil money up first! i want kids before im 25 anyway.

My bf family r gr8 apart from his dad. My bf doesnt see the problem but his dad never asks me round to his house when my bf gos around and if i do go over he just looks like his in a mood because im there :s I go to my bf moms house with him every week we get on great. me and my bf live together i think his dad needs to get over whatever is going on with him because one day me and my boyfriend will have his grandchildren and if he thinks he can have a relationship with them excluding me his very wrong! I have never done anything to upset him i just think its because im a huge part in his sons life and his jellous of that.

rant over lol
    Don't let your boyfriend's mum put too much pressure on you! She sounds lovely though so I'm sure she wont. I wouldn't worry about his dad, he will probably warm to you eventually and if he doesn't **** him. It is obviously some problem with him not you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i feel it too but i know it wont be sensible for me to have any now, not until my late 20's ,or early 30's.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1QfI...eature=related

This will sort you right out

ReputationRep:
    Wow I feel so lucky now! Lol, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years (we're both 18) and we live together in his parents house, until we go to uni in September, when we'll be living in halls together. I had some issues with my dad around the time I met him, and his family have been totally unbelievable. They took my in, they drive me to work and to my hospital appointments (I've got a leg thing going on), and they drove me all around the country when I was looking at universities. I can't imagine where I would be without them. I can't wait to give them grandchildren, because I know they want them (they were quite a bit older than most when they had my boyfriend, so all of their friends and siblings have grandchildren already). But I want to go to university first, get my degree and then maybe get married after that. I think uni will be a great test for our relationship, so if we can get through it then I think we will get married. Then it will be a case of finding some place to live.....then maybe we'll think about babies. But my Dad and his girlfriend just had a baby (May 3rd 2009), so I have plenty of dirty nappies and sicky bibs to keep me occupied until then! Lol x

ReputationRep:
    Oh god that must have been some serious problems. At least you have managed to get away, doing something like that is an incredible demonstration of how much you love eachother. What was the situation that caused you to do all that? If you don't mind talking about it of course, and how are you finding your whole new life? Is it exciting or do you miss your old life?
    d'you want the whole story? i'll Pm you it if you don't mind - I don't wanna clog up the thread.:p:

ReputationRep:
    d'you want the whole story? i'll Pm you it if you don't mind - I don't wanna clog up the thread.:p:
    Yeah I'm quite interested, if you have the time to tell me

ReputationRep:
    **** babies all they do is **** and piss all over u

ReputationRep:
    Just look at the world around you: watch the news, search google images for pictures of dead kids. Walk around the cities of this country and watch all the trees and fields being consumed by the human parasite. Buildings sprouting from the ashes of the dead.

After a while you'll realise that bringing another child into a world this screwed up is just cruel.

Then you'll stop feeling broody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe901)
    Wow I feel so lucky now! Lol, my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years (we're both 18) and we live together in his parents house, until we go to uni in September, when we'll be living in halls together. I had some issues with my dad around the time I met him, and his family have been totally unbelievable. They took my in, they drive me to work and to my hospital appointments (I've got a leg thing going on), and they drove me all around the country when I was looking at universities. I can't imagine where I would be without them. I can't wait to give them grandchildren, because I know they want them (they were quite a bit older than most when they had my boyfriend, so all of their friends and siblings have grandchildren already). But I want to go to university first, get my degree and then maybe get married after that. I think uni will be a great test for our relationship, so if we can get through it then I think we will get married. Then it will be a case of finding some place to live.....then maybe we'll think about babies. But my Dad and his girlfriend just had a baby (May 3rd 2009), so I have plenty of dirty nappies and sicky bibs to keep me occupied until then! Lol x
    Godddd you have no idea how jealous I am :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have a really good thing going with your bf and his mum - you're very lucky! And, as you said, pooh to his dad. If he has a problem with you being part of his son's life, then he's the one who will end up losing out.
    You have all my sympathy - i know what it's like when your partner's family don't want you around, and seem jealous of you, and it's sooo irritating (you think 'why can't we all just be a family'??!)..
    I know what you mean but it will be him losing out! my bf doesnt see the problem he says his dad is like it with everyone but at the end of the day im not everone im part of his family he should at least make an effort like i do with him! Me and my bf mom get on great and me and his sister my bf is so luvly! have you had trouble with you patners family?

Don't let your boyfriend's mum put too much pressure on you! She sounds lovely though so I'm sure she wont. I wouldn't worry about his dad, he will probably warm to you eventually and if he doesn't **** him. It is obviously some problem with him not you.
    You are so right! His dad will go in moods with my bf is he doesnt fone every 2nd day on time! he has to go and see him every secound saterday he go's in a mood if he is late! we recently went to ireland to visit my family as it was my cosins 1st birthday his dad went in such a strop because it was on the saterday he was suposed to be going to see him. Like i can change the date of my cosins birthday to suit him, and throw away 200pound worth of airoplane tickets! His mom does not mean anything by it she is luvly me and my bf was just laughing about it after.

Sorry such a long rant but his dad touches a nerve!

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but it will be him losing out! my bf doesnt see the problem he says his dad is like it with everyone but at the end of the day im not everone im part of his family he should at least make an effort like i do with him! Me and my bf mom get on great and me and his sister my bf is so luvly! have you had trouble with you patners family?
    yes, we've had a lot of trouble with his family. it has resulted in is moving very far away, and changing our identities to escape from them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.