Turn on thread page Beta

Abercrombie and Fitch and so-called "fit" people- a rant watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, it is my girlfriends birthday next week so I decided to buy her a nice bday present today. My cousin said that she would like it if I bought clothes so my cousin suggested that I try Abercrombie and Fitch since she said that it was a good store. So off I go to Burlington Gardens and boy was I in for a shock. I walk into the store and I was shocked to be greeted by two topless men, gesticulating and genuflecting in all sorts or erotic ways which really made want to tell them to sod off to some seedy gay bar in Brighton. Luckily I bit my tongu and proceeded to look at some clothes at the female section. After about 5 minutes of looking a pretty worker approached me and asked me if I am OK, I said yes and she had the audacity to ask me if I know what I am looking for with a rather snobbish tone. Now whilst I would admit that I was dressed head to toe in nike and topman, I felt that from the time that I was there, eyes were watching me, waiting for me to steal something. And to top all that off, I struggled to find some clothes to fit my girl, who is actually quite tall and chunky. Upon looking at the male section I was horrified to find nothing in my size. How sizeist!!!

So after finally managing to convince myself that my girlfriend wouldn't mind wearing something two sizes too small, I left feeling like I had been cleaned with dettol. That store was sterile and really made me ponder what the world has come to for us fatties and "average joes". My first case is all those people who bleat on about how the gym makes them feel good and how you can't beat the feeling of a good workout. Erm HELLO, the gym is not good and it does not make you feel great. It makes normal people like you and I feel like we've been raped by three Ann Summer's Rampant Rabbits! Seriously, why do we feel the need to suppress every urge in our body to eat what we like so that we can get that "great feeling" of the gym. Why do we all feel the need to become skinny, or toned or have a six pack that is only useful for grating cheese on. Why can't fattis like me go to a store without feeling like a jew in a KKK meeting or like a gay in a mosque. Why can't we live life how we want, eating as many jam donuts as we want without feeling the need to either stick a toothbrush down our throat or jumping on the first treadmill we see. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

OK I've forgotten what my point is but hopefully, if you bother to read it you could hopefully relate to me and my loathing of the worlds skinnies, pretties and hunky effing dorries!!!

/rant

ReputationRep:
    tl; dr

COOL STORY BRO

etc.

ReputationRep:
    So.. what was the point of the thread again?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think A&F's target audience is?

Where do you think they biggest market is?

SAME ANSWER

ReputationRep:
    you know i think there should be a section for rants, and you can vent as much as you like there

i for one, am not bothered to read rants in the chat section, my mind is in a differet zone

ReputationRep:
    Aw poor baby.

And the world keeps turning..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    So basically, it is my girlfriends birthday next week so I decided to buy her a nice bday present today. My cousin said that she would like it if I bought clothes so my cousin suggested that I try Abercrombie and Fitch since she said that it was a good store. So off I go to Burlington Gardens and boy was I in for a shock. I walk into the store and I was shocked to be greeted by two topless men, gesticulating and genuflecting in all sorts or erotic ways which really made want to tell them to sod off to some seedy gay bar in Brighton. Luckily I bit my tongu and proceeded to look at some clothes at the female section. After about 5 minutes of looking a pretty worker approached me and asked me if I am OK, I said yes and she had the audacity to ask me if I know what I am looking for with a rather snobbish tone. Now whilst I would admit that I was dressed head to toe in nike and topman, I felt that from the time that I was there, eyes were watching me, waiting for me to steal something. And to top all that off, I struggled to find some clothes to fit my girl, who is actually quite tall and chunky. Upon looking at the male section I was horrified to find nothing in my size. How sizeist!!!

So after finally managing to convince myself that my girlfriend wouldn't mind wearing something two sizes too small, I left feeling like I had been cleaned with dettol. That store was sterile and really made me ponder what the world has come to for us fatties and "average joes". My first case is all those people who bleat on about how the gym makes them feel good and how you can't beat the feeling of a good workout. Erm HELLO, the gym is not good and it does not make you feel great. It makes normal people like you and I feel like we've been raped by three Ann Summer's Rampant Rabbits! Seriously, why do we feel the need to suppress every urge in our body to eat what we like so that we can get that "great feeling" of the gym. Why do we all feel the need to become skinny, or toned or have a six pack that is only useful for grating cheese on. Why can't fattis like me go to a store without feeling like a jew in a KKK meeting or like a gay in a mosque. Why can't we live life how we want, eating as many jam donuts as we want without feeling the need to either stick a toothbrush down our throat or jumping on the first treadmill we see. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

OK I've forgotten what my point is but hopefully, if you bother to read it you could hopefully relate to me and my loathing of the worlds skinnies, pretties and hunky effing dorries!!!

/rant
    Your right, Abercrombie are image Nazis they recently lost a tribunal for putting a pretty but disabled girl in the back store room where she wouldn't be seen. There's no excuse for treating a customer poorly.

I'll admit it: I can't live without the gym and sports they've been an important part of my life, I'll also admit their not for everyone.

Where we disagree is on consumption: we generally consume more than our fair share of finite resources without much thought for our fellow men, or future generations; we're killing ourselves (literally), and taking our planet along with us, sadder still we're aware of what we're doing and where we're heading at some level we're even afraid, but we lost any sense of self control a long time ago.

(Original post by Amanda)
    Aw poor baby.

And the world keeps turning..
    What I want to know is if thats your baby? Cute.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.