Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To Those Who Applied For Means Tested Loans STUDENT FINANCE Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm just writing this to help ease some of the stress of student finance and make you feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I agree student finance is diabolical and i would prefer if it were made privatised so that there could be regulated competition to provide us students with the best service as possible.

Anyway - the point of the post, i applied for student finance yada yada and only got around to sending my parents household income probably on the 15th june, definately around 14-17th June and recieved financial notifications showing i was only eligible for basic student finance. Today i checked my online application and finally I looked in my correspondance and it looks like yesterday they finally took into consideration my parents income, and I will be getting what i was hoping to get. Anyway so thats like around 6 weeks?

So if you applied on the 28th of june or something like that, expect it to take possibly around 7weeks due to the possibility the back log is rising faster than they are processing information.

A bit long for a short story, but finally i can put student finance to one side after countless problems!

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine in APRIL and didn't get anything through. I since found they have LOST the evidence and so resent it in at the start of July special delivery. Aparently they haven't started anything from July yet either.

ReputationRep:
    Omgosh thanks so much. It's what's happening to me at the moment. Did the letter say something about them missing info from sponsors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigstuff)
    Omgosh thanks so much. It's what's happening to me at the moment. Did the letter say something about them missing info from sponsors?
    I got one of those a few weeks back but just ignored it because i thought they probably just processing it still.

I kept logging onto the student finance website, and checking whether my entitlement had changed, and i mainly did this by clicking "View Correspondance" on the side menu to see if they sent me any new letters. I have recieved the second Financial Notification but i presume its in the post now because it was dated for today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thug05)
    I got one of those a few weeks back but just ignored it because i thought they probably just processing it still.

I kept logging onto the student finance website, and checking whether my entitlement had changed, and i mainly did this by clicking "View Correspondance" on the side menu to see if they sent me any new letters. I have recieved the second Financial Notification but i presume its in the post now because it was dated for today.
    Under 'Status' is says 'Awaiting Further Information', then it says 'Application Pend Reason • We are waiting for information from your parent, spouse or partner' but I sent all the stuff they requested from my parents in May.

Should I just wait a while longer or give them a ring to see if they actually received it?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my evidence off 6 weeks ago. Its still not showing up on my account and i've had to send a different bit of evidence which i've just posted today. Will this put me right to the bottom of the pile again?

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely ****** for student finance. Nothing's been confirmed, even yet, for means tested, and I have no idea if I'll get it in time because my mum's taken ages doing her part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigstuff)
    Under 'Status' is says 'Awaiting Further Information', then it says 'Application Pend Reason • We are waiting for information from your parent, spouse or partner' but I sent all the stuff they requested from my parents in May.

Should I just wait a while longer or give them a ring to see if they actually received it?
    That's not really good. And to be honest, you should have signed a form saying you hereby to agree to all student finance rules to atleast guarantee a basic loan by now. Firstly go and find that online if you can and print that off. Then i would just pester student finance to see whats happening because they are taking exceptionally long to process you request, and if i were you id send of the informaton again like other people have, but this time send it recorded delivery like i did. if you did send it originally by recorded delivery then you should have proof you did send it, and if you take it up with your local MP if nothing progresses.

Also did you check in your correspondance part online to see what they have been sending you via the post and are you sure you received all those letters?

(Original post by seyoung1)
    I sent my evidence off 6 weeks ago. Its still not showing up on my account and i've had to send a different bit of evidence which i've just posted today. Will this put me right to the bottom of the pile again?
    I'm not sure, but if your application is approved so far, then theres not much you can do, and just hope and wait. I personally would have attatched a letter with the extra information saying it was requested etc. and that hopefully would suggest they can complete your application much more quickly

(Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I'm completely ****** for student finance. Nothing's been confirmed, even yet, for means tested, and I have no idea if I'll get it in time because my mum's taken ages doing her part.
    uh oh..., atleast send in your signature then your confirming yourself for atleast a basic loan, and they processed mine pretty fast.

ReputationRep:
    There is some serious capital letter abuse in the thread title, and posts. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in April. April!!1!

I continue to wait. Impatiently.

ReputationRep:
    Mine says, assessed. I'm assuming that means it's all done, but it's all been too easy. They better pay me on time this year, because I was screwed over last year.

I hate student finance.

ReputationRep:
    Mine now says ... 'awaiting signature'? Are they going to send me some form that I should sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    Mine says, assessed. I'm assuming that means it's all done, but it's all been too easy. They better pay me on time this year, because I was screwed over last year.

I hate student finance.
    Hey, did you not get a financial notification stating yout entitlement?

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    Mine now says ... 'awaiting signature'? Are they going to send me some form that I should sign
    yeh

ReputationRep:
    Hey, did you not get a financial notification stating yout entitlement?
    I haven't, but, I assume it's either coming or I'm just going to get in second year the same as I got in first year.

There's nothing more I can do now it's "assessed" though, surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    I haven't, but, I assume it's either coming or I'm just going to get in second year the same as I got in first year.

There's nothing more I can do now it's "assessed" though, surely.
    Mine says approved not assessed, so maybe you haven't done everything. Login again, click "View Correspondence" and see if they sent any letters because it should show a financial notification which i believe to be the final step.

ReputationRep:
    Mine says approved not assessed, so maybe you haven't done everything. Login again, click "View Correspondence" and see if they sent any letters because it should show a financial notification which i believe to be the final step.
    Yes, I've done that, they haven't sent anything. There's nothing left for ME to do, anyway. The application's been assessed, I'll just have to wait.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you what to do.

Wrap metaphorical barbed wire around your metaphorical penis, then proceed to thrust it ruthlessly, yet graciously, into the metaphorical anus of student finance until they start excreting metaphorical blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    I'll tell you what to do.

Wrap metaphorical barbed wire around your metaphorical penis, then proceed to thrust it ruthlessly, yet graciously, into the metaphorical anus of student finance until they start excreting metaphorical blood.
    Yeah thas a good idea. Unfortunately i'm a woman so its a bit impossible lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thas a good idea. Unfortunately i'm a woman so its a bit impossible lol

Even better use a metaphorical strap-on.

I sent mine in in April, since then they have sent me letters saying they need my birth cert etc as I haven't sent them in.

Rang them, turned out they just hadn't scanned it, I send everything special delivery to them too. Sure it costs a fiver, but at least I have someone else on my side (Royal Mail) when they try to say "err well we haven't recieved anything).

Still not got a letter saying how much I will get. Might ring them later and BAWWWWWW down the phone at them.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked my correspondence and they've sent me another financial notification yesterday, but it's not available to see at the moment.

Hopefully it'll be an updated one and not just another one reminding me of the old amount....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.