Turn on thread page Beta

To Those Who Applied For Means Tested Loans STUDENT FINANCE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigstuff)
    Under 'Status' is says 'Awaiting Further Information', then it says 'Application Pend Reason • We are waiting for information from your parent, spouse or partner' but I sent all the stuff they requested from my parents in May.

Should I just wait a while longer or give them a ring to see if they actually received it?
    I sent off my evidence in May and had the same status as you. I gave them a ring and they reassured me that they did have all the evidence they needed and that the status was wrong. However, despite this they never bothered to change the status untill yesterday where it said that it was approved etc...so since May up untill yesterday, it said they were awaiting further information when they wern't. If I was you, like me, I would ring them just so they are aware of it and so it can put your mind at rest either way. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    I sent my evidence off 6 weeks ago. Its still not showing up on my account and i've had to send a different bit of evidence which i've just posted today. Will this put me right to the bottom of the pile again?
    I've just checked my student loan account and it now says Approved - awaiting signature. Thought this was good but then went through it and it says i'm entitled to much less than they origionally said because they've now put on that its NOT based on household income. When i applyed u put that it was to be based on household income.

Is anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    I have had mine approved but I still want them to assess it based on household income, is that possible? Also my dad is self employed so I sent them a letter from his accountant and now thery're saying they need proof of his earnings?!

ReputationRep:
    I applied in February, sent my evidence four times, last of which was end of April, and still haven't been income assessed. They lost my evidence two times out of four and, although they have confirmed that they had my P60's since 29th of April, they still haven't processed them. They say the backlog is 8 weeks? If it is so, then why I have been waiting for almost 3 months now? Every time I call they tell me a different thing...

Sign the petition guys http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Finance-Student/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    I sent off my evidence in May and had the same status as you. I gave them a ring and they reassured me that they did have all the evidence they needed and that the status was wrong. However, despite this they never bothered to change the status untill yesterday where it said that it was approved etc...so since May up untill yesterday, it said they were awaiting further information when they wern't. If I was you, like me, I would ring them just so they are aware of it and so it can put your mind at rest either way. Hope this helps
    Thanks I phoned them and they said I'd been assessed, told me how much I was getting and said they were just waiting while it was all confirmed by my LEA so everything is ok

ReputationRep:
    I sent my stuff off in May and only just got it all back but no assessment
    I really need it cos i've just worked out again how much I should be living off per week after rent and its decreased significantly

ReputationRep:
    I just checked mine it says approved and that on the 27th they sent a letter which needs to be signed what does this mean.

ReputationRep:
    I had to send of the previous year's evidence, so it looks like I'll be waiting even longer now...

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.