Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard of this consultancy company which help you get a career in finance and banking , has anybody been to them asking for advice , and has anybody actually been succesful at getting a job in finance and banking through benedix ?

Help will be appreciated and rep will be given accordingly to who gives the most informative reponse.

caio !

ReputationRep:
    Utter waste of time. Don't attend. Re-hashed info you can find on any search engine.

ReputationRep:
    I agree - I never paid for their events, but was offered the chance to be Benedix brand manager at my university. As soon as I realised how crap their service is I totally lost all interest in trying to promote them...

I think I could offer better advice myself.

ReputationRep:
    i spent my £70 for the banking and finance proffesional workshop and £20 for my train ticket for this advise which I could have got from NETWORKING EVENTS AND CAREERS SERVICE!! ok there was a lot of useful advise but what really annoys me is how much they have tried to sell us the Mastery program! we have received 2 post- workshop videos so far which are supposed to help our careers further. one of these is 30 minutes of telling us to make money by advertising their site on facebook and twitter etc. I had my consultation recently and he GAVE NO CAREER PLAN OR LIST OF COMPANIES BUT GAVE A "CAREER GUIDANCE" EMAIL ONLY TELLING ME TO BUY THE MASTERY PROGRAM! It doesn't matter how much you try and tell them that you are sure of which career you want to go into, but they will make it out as if you are unsure and that you need to do the mastery program.
    Gosh it seems that some people feel no embarrassment in deceiving students!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I was considering benedix for some time after finding their site, turned out to be a load of **** after I seeked advice from others. Just trying to sell you more rubbish as devij says

ReputationRep:
    Do not go there, I had a conversation with a friend who was promoting Benedix and told me to not even bother since its mostly basic and waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    total waste of time and money. Someone should find a way to sue them....... timewasters.

ReputationRep:
    :O i wish i saw this tsr convo before i booked and paid my money! i didnt know what a load of **** this would turn out to be. i just hope that if anyone is thinking of going on one of their workshops, they search benedix on this site so they can find out what a waste of money it is....don't pay them a penny. you're better off reading books and using your careers service.

ReputationRep:
    Registered. Let's have a look at those 197 quids worth of golden career advice videos.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.