Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

ReputationRep:
    If he does, he's shallow. nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see how you could, maybe in the long term he would be worried about you but im sure if it comes out slowly nothing will be said to scare him off.

ReputationRep:
    If he did he wouldn't be worth it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    If he does, he's shallow. nuff said.
    I don't think that's fair, really. It's a very serious concern. I don't think I'd be that put off though, although you should mention it at some point.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, if I didn't know why would I? Even if I did know it's still a no, it doesn't affect me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who would be put of by things like that is not someone that is worth your time, I'm sure the majority of guys don't judge potential partners by their medical history anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If your opening line to your prospective boyfriend is a detailed medical history, then yes expect him to run a mile.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, whose gonna run because of that?

ReputationRep:
    If it's an ongoing problem then yes, if it's in the past then no.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the title of this thread meant something to do with showing your commitment.

But myself, honestly, I'd be a little worried. The constant threat of the girl I love dying and all that. I wouldn't run though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    I don't think that's fair, really. It's a very serious concern. I don't think I'd be that put off though, although you should mention it at some point.
    I think you've missed the point, it's like saying "sorry darling but to protect myself from self anguish, i'd rather not date you since you get ill so much. BYEEE"

ReputationRep:
    i actually thought u meant "would i run a mile" as in distance mile as in for fun, or for a jog...

But, no i wouldnt.

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    i can run about 6 miles

ReputationRep:
    Are you well now?

ReputationRep:
    No, but I would walk 500 miles.

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I doubt any decent prospective boyfriend would 'run a mile' because of that. They might be worried about you, but that'd only be because they care.

At the end of the day, it comes down to what you're like as a person, not your medical history so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    as a guy, i wouldn't run a mile. Means squad at the end of the day. We could start dating, next day I'm hit by a bus and that's the end of me. To not date someone because of their medical history is ridiculously shallow.

ReputationRep:
    i would run a mile from you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.