Who has swine flu? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you had it?
    Yes
    12.08%
    No
    38.26%
    I know somebody who has
    49.66%

Not 100,000 people in this damn country! :rant2: Don't listen to the media. They're faking up figures to get people to buy their newspapers etc, because there is **** all happening in the news now.

To answer the question specifically: no one I know of. What a surprise! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like 17% of tsr has had swine flu... most have had a cold

Didn't care about swine flu when it started and now I still don't know anyone with swine flu or care about it so i'm happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You Magyars always crack me up :yep:
    And hey, at least this time it's in English, too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    That's utterly terrible, guess they couldn't even administer tamiflu what with the walls getting in the way. Hope you recover soon.
    No one cared: they couldn't hear me complaining :bawling:

(Original post by ashy)
    And hey, at least this time it's in English, too :yep:
    Got warned for posting in Hungarian? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Got warned for posting in Hungarian? :p:
    I actually have. How utterly lame is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Shocked to see so many replies stating swine flu sufferage in this thread. I don't know anyone, or know anyone who knows anyone who has had it.
    Loads of people with usual flu are just being prescribed Tamiflu as a precaution. My mate said she had it a few weeks ago because she was on the medication and felt unwell. Only later did she realise that she just had a normal flu. Her mum works in a Pharmacy and apparently they're pretty pissed off at the fact that everyone thinks they have Swine Flu when they haven't. Oh and the "numbers" who have swine flu are made up XD

Haaaaaaving said that, I know someone else who does actually have it.

ReputationRep:
    your mum.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have it.. have alot of the symptoms..
    lost my voice, but thats the worst thing. Almost gone I hope =)

(Original post by im so academic)
    Not 100,000 people in this damn country! :rant2: Don't listen to the media. They're faking up figures to get people to buy their newspapers etc, because there is **** all happening in the news now.

To answer the question specifically: no one I know of. What a surprise! :rolleyes:
    100000 people is only 1 in 600. When you think about it that way it isnt suprising you dont know anyone who has it.

(Original post by Turdburger)
    100000 people is only 1 in 600. When you think about it that way it isnt suprising you dont know anyone who has it.
    But the fact is, there's no evidence to support there is even 100,000 people got it in this country.

And even so, what's the panic? Like you said, it's not surprising I don't know anyone who's got it. I mean, even if this 100,000 figure was true, that's a ratio of 1:599.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I did. But, if I wasn't mistaken, it was just normal flu.

(Original post by im so academic)
    But the fact is, there's no evidence to support there is even 100,000 people got it in this country.

And even so, what's the panic? Like you said, it's not surprising I don't know anyone who's got it. I mean, even if this 100,000 figure was true, that's a ratio of 1:599.
    But there's no evidence to the contrary that I can see. Why doubt it?

ReputationRep:
    Catch it, bin it, kill it

(Original post by Turdburger)
    But there's no evidence to the contrary that I can see. Why doubt it?
    People are abusing the National Pandemic Flu Helpline, i.e. getting Tamiflu when they don't actually have swine flu. BUT the Government or whoever thinks they have, so add that to the statistics.

And tbh, I think it's common sense. I mean if people are being precautious with swine flu and persona hygiene, why is it going up on such a "fast" rate?

Also, where do we get these statistics from? Newspapers, generally speaking. The purpose of a newspaper? To sell, i.e. by exaggerating the truth. You know how newspapers do that, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    I've had swine flu I contracted it from my little bro when he came back from his primary school. I'm alright now after 3 days it is not bad
    anyone who gets the flu don't panic, because it's like normal flu your immune system will deal with it, but you have to make sure you eat healthy(plent of fruits and vegetables) aswell as taking bechams all-in-one and using vicks massage for your chest and back. Wash your hands regurlarly and make sure your bed is comfortable.

I have but I am recovering so can't wait to get back to work soon.

ReputationRep:
    I've had it. Got offered Tamiflu, but I didn't collect it, and my case was a mild one that lasted a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    your mum.
    lol funny

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.