No
    38.26%
    I know somebody who has
    49.66%

ReputationRep:
    I had wine flu last week after an epic night out =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I've had it. Got offered Tamiflu, but I didn't collect it, and my case was a mild one that lasted a week.
    Good I heard that tamiflu can give you mental problems. If you need any evident look no further than japan where tamiflu prescription is extensive and half of those patient have reported having experienced hallucination. There was one story in japan about a young girl who was prescribed tamiflu and after she recovered she threw herself in front of a moving truck:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    what is this swine flu? that everybody keeps talking about...surely its not turned into Fish flu? Or even worse <shivers> broccoli flu......
    Oh God I hope it doesn't turn into broccoli flu, that really is deadly

ReputationRep:
    I had it. So did a large group of people that went to a university summer school were we all got it. Silly french students who gave it to us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Good I heard that tamiflu can give you mental problems. If you need any evident look no further than japan where tamiflu prescription is extensive and half of those patient have reported having experienced hallucination. There was one story in japan about a young girl who was prescribed tamiflu and after she recovered she threw herself in front of a moving truck:eek:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Me)
    Oh God I hope it doesn't turn into broccoli flu, that really is deadly
    lol broccoli flu :toofunny: :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Yep I have it, but i'm recovering and feeling much better, hopefully it'll be gone by the next few days. I'm taking the new tamiflu medicine but the posts above aren't making me feel any better and I doubt i'll go jump in front of a truck.

ReputationRep:
    I love broccoli :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfhaffyduck)
    I had it. So did a large group of people that went to a university summer school were we all got it. Silly french students who gave it to us
    haha blaming the french lol. Have you heard what happend to president sakorzy he fainted while joggin, maybe they got it from him and spread it to your uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    haha blaming the french lol. Have you heard what happend to president sakorzy he fainted while joggin, maybe they got it from him and spread it to your uni
    Well i wans't just accusing the french because i dislike them and felt like it :P i have nothing wrong with french but it was proven by the university that at least 30 of the french students tested positive but couldn't go home so they stayed at the uni and we went there and most likely got it from them.

ReputationRep:
    I have a god damn horrible cold but dont think its swine flu, feel fine apart from the no breathing through the nose thing haha

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who has swine flu, i'v got a cold though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)
    I think I have it.. have alot of the symptoms..
    lost my voice, but thats the worst thing. Almost gone I hope =)
    Almost hope your voice is gone? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    Almost hope your voice is gone? :lolwut:
    No the swine =p
    My voice is mostly back! I got fed up of spending days sounding like a pubescent boy.. so i'm pretty chuffed to be female again =)

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people who have had it but I live in London so its quite rife in my area. Havn't managed to get it myself yet but I bet I do, I'm incredibly unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    My Sister has been on Holiday in Barcelona. She's arrived home with a horrid cold,slight fever & possibly a Chest Infection.

A week today we're going on a Family Holiday to South Africa. Needless to say everyone is worrying she has Swine Flu & may pass it to us

Mum said once someone is showing symptoms they can't pass it to others. Is this correct ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella)
    Mum said once someone is showing symptoms they can't pass it to others. Is this correct ?
    Nah. I was showing symptoms when I passed it to my aunt and cousin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Nah. I was showing symptoms when I passed it to my aunt and cousin
    Oh great . Let's hope it's just a bad cold

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.