Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alryt Peps heres my issue...

I have applied for 3 courses at my local College...

BTEC National Diploma in Business

Edexcel GCE in Applied I.C.T Double Award

GCE A Levels(AS and A2) Studying;
    Business Studies, Information and Communication Technology &
    Psychology

I have always been wanting to study Psychology and Business, as I have studied I.C.T throughout my secondary school life.

I am very unsure of what the course entail and if I would like them.
    So I am basically asking for all pupils with any experience of these courses to give me their views and tell me what I should go for and why.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think the middle one will only give you "2 A levels" whereas the first and 3rd will give you "3 A levels"

ReputationRep:
    Don't do applied ICT, it's boooooring.

ReputationRep:
    BTEC National Diploma in Business gets me 3 A-Levels

GCE in Applied I.C.T is Double Award gets me 2 A-Levels

GCE A Levels(AS and A2) gets me 2 A-Levels also

I don't really mind the difference between 2 and 3 A-Levels, its just finding the course I will enjoy doing the most. Which is why i've come on this to ask students or anyone with experience of any of these subjects for their opinion to help me decide.

Thanks sigstuff for your input but can you explain why applied ICT is boring ?

ReputationRep:
    I am also looking for as much information on the Psychology subject, as I have had a keen interest in this area but am very unaware of what the course entails.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on whether you prefer exams or coursework as to whether you would find it boring yourself.
    There's so much coursework and it just drags on for ages, I got so bored with it and just lost all interest in the subject. I thought it would be a lot more about the technical side of ICT but it was mainly just writing loads about how the layout of websites and presentations attract users etc, not very fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gareth626)
    BTEC National Diploma in Business gets me 3 A-Levels

GCE in Applied I.C.T is Double Award gets me 2 A-Levels

GCE A Levels(AS and A2) gets me 2 A-Levels also

I don't really mind the difference between 2 and 3 A-Levels, its just finding the course I will enjoy doing the most. Which is why i've come on this to ask students or anyone with experience of any of these subjects for their opinion to help me decide.

Thanks sigstuff for your input but can you explain why applied ICT is boring ?
    that would get you three A levels, unless you dropped one at AS? Which isn't advisable

ReputationRep:
    The college i've applied for states the GCE A-Level course gets me 2 A-Levels. Does anyone have any info. for the Psychology subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gareth626)
    The college i've applied for states the GCE A-Level course gets me 2 A-Levels. Does anyone have any info. for the Psychology subject?
    You should probably post a seperate thread in the A-level Psychology help section, you'd get more replies for that subject there, especially as this is called 'Business, ICT..'

ReputationRep:
    You can't get 2 A levels from doing 3 subjects. Unless you fail one of them. Doing 3 subjects will get you 3 a levels.
    I do psychology and enjoy it, although there is a lot of remembering studies involved.

ReputationRep:
    Remembering studies ? Could you explain ?

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of studies done by psychologists that are used to back up psychological theories, and you need to refer back to these studies during exams.
    Google A Level Psychology and you should get loads of info that way.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.