Turn on thread page Beta

still no replies from unis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How long do i have to wait before im called to an interview???
    Ive applied for medicine at Manchester KCL Leeds Liverpool. I know people who have heard from all 4 of their unis for medicine but ive had no replies. i know theres still ages to go but waiting is beginning to annoy me now.
    Does anybody know how they decide who to interview first? A friend of mine was interviewed late october at manchester..and we both have similar gcse's wrk experience etc.

when shud i be expecting interviews????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Ive applied for medicine at Manchester KCL Leeds Liverpool. I know people who have heard from all 4 of their unis for medicine but ive had no replies. i know theres still ages to go but waiting is beginning to annoy me now.
    Does anybody know how they decide who to interview first? A friend of mine was interviewed late october at manchester..and we both have similar gcse's wrk experience etc.

At least there havnt been any rejections.

ReputationRep:
    When did you send off your UCAS form?
    The people who had heard from all 4 of their unis, were any of their unis the same as yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    When did you send off your UCAS form?
    The people who had heard from all 4 of their unis, were any of their unis the same as yours?
    i dont know about KCL..but i know people who have had offers from leeds, liv and manchester

they recieved my app form oct 11th.

ReputationRep:
    You received confirmation and everything from UCAS? If so i don't really know the answer to your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You received confirmation and everything from UCAS? If so i don't really know the answer to your question.
    yeah recieved all the "we got ur form" stuff

do u know what they go off? how do they know who and who not to give an interview to?

ReputationRep:
    yeah recieved all the "we got ur form" stuff

do u know what they go off? how do they know who and who not to give an interview to?
    I know lots of people who haven't heard yet, it really is a case of being patient. There has been a huge surge in applicants for medicine this year and it's going to take time for you to hear something (especially because your form was processed in the 'later' scheme of things). Don't worry, only start freaking out when you have heard nothing by the time March comes

ReputationRep:
    Any applicants that they are interested in they'll give an interview to. They take into account personal statement, grades, predicted grades and the school reference, (if that's what you were asking)

I found that some universities were much slower at replying than others. It could just be that.

ReputationRep:

I know that for Veterinary medicine at Liverpool (where I have applied) they start sorting through applications Nov/Dec and then releasing individual decisions from Decmber. Interviews for candidates under serious consideration are in Jan/Feb...medicine being a competitive subject also may be on a similar timescale. Just a thought....
    Oh how they decide to interview first...from what a friend has told me..they go on how good your UCAS form is and how likely there are to make you an offer and start to fill up places in that order...but on the other hand it may be just when the university was given your application form. Let me know how you get on...

ReputationRep:
    I believe that applying for medicine requires a lot of patience! As Lucy suggests, it is quite normal to not hear anything until early next year.

I have spoken to a lot of people applying for medicine and they are all feeling the same as you - try not to worry!

Oh and good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    I believe that applying for medicine requires a lot of patience! As Lucy suggests, it is quite normal to not hear anything until early next year.

I have spoken to a lot of people applying for medicine and they are all feeling the same as you - try not to worry!

Oh and good luck with your application
    thanks everyone for replying..and ill try not to worry too much.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.