Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend of 3 years just broke up with me.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    your boyfriend of 3 years? That's a pretty young boyfriend so i'm sure it was for the best :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    your boyfriend of 3 years? That's a pretty young boyfriend so i'm sure it was for the best :p:
    Hahaha!

Damn I gave my rep away

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear that. i know how it feels. my 5 year one finished recently.
    you'll get over it. best thing to do (from my experience) is do all the cliche things you're always told to do= cut contact with him, watch Friends and Sex & The City episodes over and over, spend ALOT of time with friends and going out, volunteer in something in your area to become busy and basically fill all your spare time with SOMEthing or other.
    also, convince yourself to hate him. there wont be any room left for old love and pining for the past and all that emotional BS.
    works for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_xox)

someone cheer me up?
    SO this guy walks into a bar....

Sorry to hear about you breaking up

:badger:
    ^ that always cheers me up. it looks like its tea bagging someone
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    Hahaha!

Damn I gave my rep away
    snap lol. took me a couple of read throughs to get it, but when i did, OH how i lolled.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that, I know it won't feel like it at the moment but time actually does heal a broken heart, you are gorgeous so when you've moved on you won't have no trouble finding a new man.

ReputationRep:
    ah diddums get over urself hes probably shagging around

ReputationRep:
    His loss. There's probably a queue of guys outside waiting to take you out........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snobpence17)
    Hahaha!

Damn I gave my rep away
    Don't worry, I've got the rep covered for that deservingly funny comment Although my rep power is a bit low, it's the thought that counts! :p:

ReputationRep:

someone cheer me up?
    Was he mental? :eek3:
    trust me when I say you will not find it hard to get someone else but I suppose that doesnt matter now.
    but seriously, you must have stabbed him or something

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear I'm sorry to hear this.. I know how you feel I've been dumped after a long time, too - but trust me it will get better and you will forget about it. It does take a lot of time to get over the hurt but you will get there and have boys chasing after you again

ReputationRep:
    First of all, do not blame yourself for the split, I found that part really hard at first when I split up with my ex, I wrote down all the reasons why I thought we split up and what caused it. I also wrote out all the pros and cons of the relationship. In some sort of way, this helped me to come to terms with the reasons why we split up as it was in black and white. Perhaps try that?

Cut all contact with your ex, even if you plan to be friends still cut ties for a while to allow both of you time to move on a tad. You don't want to be trying to cheer yourself up with your ex popping up on msn or texting you.

Another important part of dealing with a break up is to have the crying and rage period, but to act responsibly, basically do not do anything you will regret in the future. That means no going to his house and burning it down. You may even feel a lot of anger towards yourself, but let go of that feeling fast! It's a waste of time and energy to rip yourself apart over something you no longer have the power to change. There are so many positive things you can do with your emotions and energy which will benifit you.

Stay active so you don't have time to mope, talk to the people you love and spend a lot of time with them. Personally, I found just doing normal things like going out with my friends or family really good as it kept me focused on the people that love me and not wondering why the ex didn't. Clean out anything in your room that reminds you of your ex, think positively about yourself and let go.

Well I feel i have rambled on.
    btw op, you are gorgeous so you will have no trouble finding a new boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.Charlotte)
    First of all, do not blame yourself for the split, I found that part really hard at first when I split up with my ex, I wrote down all the reasons why I thought we split up and what caused it. I also wrote out all the pros and cons of the relationship. In some sort of way, this helped me to come to terms with the reasons why we split up as it was in black and white. Perhaps try that?

Cut all contact with your ex, even if you plan to be friends still cut ties for a while to allow both of you time to move on a tad. You don't want to be trying to cheer yourself up with your ex popping up on msn or texting you.

Another important part of dealing with a break up is to have the crying and rage period, but to act responsibly, basically do not do anything you will regret in the future. That means no going to his house and burning it down. You may even feel a lot of anger towards yourself, but let go of that feeling fast! It's a waste of time and energy to rip yourself apart over something you no longer have the power to change. There are so many positive things you can do with your emotions and energy which will benifit you.

Stay active so you don't have time to mope, talk to the people you love and spend a lot of time with them. Personally, I found just doing normal things like going out with my friends or family really good as it kept me focused on the people that love me and not wondering why the ex didn't. Clean out anything in your room that reminds you of your ex, think positively about yourself and let go.

Well I feel i have rambled on.
    btw op, you are gorgeous so you will have no trouble finding a new boyfriend
    wow, after reading all this, you must be dizzy.....:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Hang out with your friends, consume your own bodyweight in ice cream, dance to Busted, and collect as many hugs as you can
    I know it must be so so hard right now But laughing really is the best way through it. Provided it isn't in awkward situations.
    Keep your head up, everything happens for a reason, it just means there's room for someone even more special later on when you're ready For now, just concentrate on yourself.
    *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I just publicly confessed my secret fondness for Busted

ReputationRep:

someone cheer me up?
    Out of a possible score of 0 to 1, I'd give you one

(Original post by x-Disenchanted-x)
    Oh no I just publicly confessed my secret fondness for Busted
    It's k. I have a less than secret fondness for Fightstar.

ReputationRep:
    You need expensive ice cream + girl friends + nights out (that's plural)!

:console:

you're gorgeous, god knows why he would break up with you. Cheer up hun, give it a month and it will be normality. You need to get out there and keep yourself busy, you will soon forgive and forget.

ReputationRep:

someone cheer me up?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.