Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend has pictures of ex on computer watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on who it is. I mean, did you trust him before? Is he a trust worthy person? I think when you have achieved the basis of trust, those things don't ponder your mind. But if you don't trust the person, they can ruin a relationship.

In a way, I totally understand how you may feel, like you question are they still seeing each other? Am I rebound? Are they secretly having a flirt? etc. I had an exactly the same problem as that. But building up a trusting basis, it shouldn't bother you at all .

My new bf has pictures of him and his ex kissing but I now know because of trust it doesn't bother me And when you don't entirely trust someone, you become paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danpr)
    Yeah, well, I know it's a crime to be anything other than totally open and liberal on this forum, but I think it's a load of ********. You should be the focus of this guy as you sound like a genuine person. I'd go with your gut - if you're already wanting out then that's not going to change any time soon.
    Haha, that's very true about this forum I know I'm in the wrong for giving the guy a hard time and causing problems with my insecurities, so I am prepared and want to to hear more people's views about how the past is important and should be respected etc. but it's very good to hear things like you said too! Kind of just to help me not succumb if he tries to text/call...... which he hasn't anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelG)
    try doing your own thing, your own hobbies and such. or seeing some friends a little bit more, the nicest thing to do would be to take your mind off things.
    Thanks, I'm trying to do that

ReputationRep:
    Good lord - I've not read the rest of the thread, but tbh that's an overreaction. I've got pictures of myself and my ex who I went out with for 3 years...we split up over a year ago and I've had a couple of relationships since. I don't look at them, but there's no denying that I spent a few years with her, so I can't simply erase those years because a current/future partner wouldn't like it. Tough. If they're that insecure, I wouldn't stick with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crystal_Tokepi)
    I think it really depends on who it is. I mean, did you trust him before? Is he a trust worthy person? I think when you have achieved the basis of trust, those things don't ponder your mind. But if you don't trust the person, they can ruin a relationship.

In a way, I totally understand how you may feel, like you question are they still seeing each other? Am I rebound? Are they secretly having a flirt? etc. I had an exactly the same problem as that. But building up a trusting basis, it shouldn't bother you at all .

My new bf has pictures of him and his ex kissing but I now know because of trust it doesn't bother me And when you don't entirely trust someone, you become paranoid.
    Maybe it sounds stupid but it's almost as if because I felt for a long time that I was making all the effort to be with him (going to see him, calling him) that I never got a sense that he really wants me and, upon seeing these pictures and what he had with the ex that he never tried to achieve with me.. it really hurt and I felt that he would never be that committed to me. Like all talk, but no action. I've told him all this, he understands that he didn't put enough effort and he apologized.. and then he said something like "But I'll never find a girl like you. Despite our problems, I thought I'd found the perfect person"... I just never got to feel like the right person, so couldn't start building that trust basis, which is really really important (and I agree that if we had that it would make the pictures seem unimportant)

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of whether you like them or not those pictures are still a piece of his past and he has every right to keep them, let me guess you went through his facebook demanding he untags photos too? Grow up OP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.