Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When will vacancies be up for Christmas temps this year, to my knowledge, they were up this time last year for the 2008 intake, does anyone know when this years will be up as I want to apply early and in advance. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Bit early yet i'd think.

ReputationRep:
    yeh bit early bout a month yet

ReputationRep:
    Debenhams have a couple up on the website.

(Original post by Vickyy)
    Debenhams have a couple up on the website.
    I've found that Debenhams always tend to hire early. :confused:

It's either because their application system is long, or they have a longer training period?

ReputationRep:
    Debenhams just called me but I said I was going to uni in October so they said no :sad:.. I'm such an idiot, shouldn't have said that!!

OP.. Boots are recruiting for Xmas... saw it yesterday, was quite surprised!! You can apply online already..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flozza_X)
    Debenhams just called me but I said I was going to uni in October so they said no :sad:.. I'm such an idiot, shouldn't have said that!!

OP.. Boots are recruiting for Xmas... saw it yesterday, was quite surprised!! You can apply online already..

I just checked, they arent applying

ReputationRep:
    Boots are re-recruiting xmas temps now (yayyyyyyy) so i would think that they will recruit new ones in a couple of months.

Have a look from the start of september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahib18)
    I just checked, they arent applying
    Hmm, probably depends on branches. One of my local Boots you can apply for already to be a Xmas temp..

ReputationRep:
    john lewis ae in certain places

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for a Boots store near me, online. Never recieved an email though confirming my application but on the site it did say that I have submitted my app ? Strange.... and status says 'submitted' so I'm not fretting.

Difficult to get a job at Boots I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGecko)
    Just applied for a Boots store near me, online. Never recieved an email though confirming my application but on the site it did say that I have submitted my app ? Strange.... and status says 'submitted' so I'm not fretting.

Gone to your junk mail folder by mistake? :yep:

(Original post by GGecko)

If it is going to Junk. You may want to allow emails from: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Much appreciated guys

ReputationRep:
    i just got a phone call saying ive got an interview for a boots christmas temp job! I was suprised they are hiring so early especially as I only stated that I wanted to work in uni christmas holiday!

(Original post by sweet_candy_cane)
    i just got a phone call saying ive got an interview for a boots christmas temp job! I was suprised they are hiring so early especially as I only stated that I wanted to work in uni christmas holiday!
    I think Boots have extended their contracts for temps too. I know that it's normally ~October/November start, but I know all our local stores temp positions are being advertised right now for ASAP start, ending at the end of Jan 2010.

ReputationRep:
    did you find the boots christmas jobs online or just through the store?

ReputationRep:
    i got declined for the xmas temp job at boots. No idea why. I think its because the hours and days i selected.

Would it be worth it to re-apply straight away or would they just shun my app?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've just applied, how long does it usually take for them to get back to you about the outcome of the application?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if other boots stores will be advertising later on? None of my local stores have vacancies according to the website.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.