Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to this thread, I have managed to get an interview at Boots, next week Any tips?

(Original post by themango)
    did you find the boots christmas jobs online or just through the store?
    Some stores will advertise any vacancies (should they have any) in-store. However, as I understand, you can only apply online.

See: http://boots.jobs/search/default.aspx

(Original post by H.JJJ)
    i got declined for the xmas temp job at boots. No idea why. I think its because the hours and days i selected.

Would it be worth it to re-apply straight away or would they just shun my app?
    If you got declined straight away (or almost straight away) then the chances are you didn't pass the online questionnaire. I think you can only get declined for your availability, once you've passed the online questionnaire (as that's when it's checked and at the assessment).

I would apply again. It wouldn't or shouldn't have an impact on your application, unless you have two active applications open at any one time. If it's been a clear decline, you can apply again.

(Original post by Phinz)
    Does anyone know if other boots stores will be advertising later on? None of my local stores have vacancies according to the website.
    I would keep checking on: http://boots.jobs/search/default.aspx

If they're not hiring right now, then chances are they'll be doing it later on (unless they're OK for staff).

(Original post by GGecko)
    Thanks to this thread, I have managed to get an interview at Boots, next week Any tips?
    I'm not sure if you've had a look, but I would take a look at last years temps thread. (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=656193)

It has a lot of information in it, and has some useful tips of what to expect!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    I'm not sure if you've had a look, but I would take a look at last years temps thread. (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=656193)

Hi WhereIsMyMind, do you work for Boots? I've just applied for a Xmas job on the Boots website, when should I expect a reply regarding my application? I applied nearly a week or less than that?

(Original post by Boreism)
    Hi WhereIsMyMind, do you work for Boots? I've just applied for a Xmas job on the Boots website, when should I expect a reply regarding my application? I applied nearly a week or less than that?
    I don't work for Boots. But I experienced their application system last year (I declined them due to too many hours).

I can't remember the exact dates, but I'm pretty certain I had an email inviting me to an assessment ~4 days after I applied.

If you haven't heard anything from them (not even an application confirmation), I would check your junk mail, and/or allow emails from: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    If anyone here is at any of the Birmingham Unis - Aston, Birmingham, BCU etc... Debenhams in the Bullring is holding a Recruitment Fair for Xmas Sales Advisors on 4th, 5th, 6th September - more details are on www.bullring.co.uk under the jobs tab, i'm gonna give it a go...so Debenhams have started recruiting for Xmas...

ReputationRep:

Thanks very much buddy !

ReputationRep:
    Handed in CVs at loads of places, with no experience albeit but a 'very impressive CV' (compliment which was given by a president of a Multinational) - Was just wondering how likely I'd get a job at these places (P/T basis over Xmas and possibly beyond)

Gamestation
    Levis (spaces coming up)
    Carphone Warehouse
    Next (readily advertising)
    JJB
    USC (advertising)
    3 Store

I'm also thinking of looking at vacancies at T-Mobile, Orange, and Vodafone as I'm fairly clued up on phones.

Anyone got any stories about any of the companies that I should maybe avoid or try extra hard to get in to one because they're especially good?

ReputationRep:
    when applying for the part time temps for boots it states i need to be FULLY flexible. Does this mean i shouldn't apply because i will have college or can i just get hours to work around college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmybear)
    when applying for the part time temps for boots it states i need to be FULLY flexible. Does this mean i shouldn't apply because i will have college or can i just get hours to work around college?
    It means you'll be working some early and some late shifts. IIRC a guy in my year once worked 7-11 on a Saturday morning and a 6-11pm shift on a Wednesday night.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't work for Boots. But I experienced their application system last year (I declined them due to too many hours).

I can't remember the exact dates, but I'm pretty certain I had an email inviting me to an assessment ~4 days after I applied.

If you haven't heard anything from them (not even an application confirmation), I would check your junk mail, and/or allow emails from: [email protected]
    To get into the interview stage would it depend on the questionnaire that I completed - or the hours and days in terms of flexibility...or both of these? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When do Temp Jobs with Boots typically start and finish? As early as October?

Is there any point in applying if you are at Uni and will be going home for a couple of weeks over Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345)
    When do Temp Jobs with Boots typically start and finish? As early as October?

Is there any point in applying if you are at Uni and will be going home for a couple of weeks over Christmas?
    That's my situation - I'm only home for a month for christmas, but I still applied and got an interview.....However I have seen someone post a reply saying they only got work for a month as xmas temp somewhere, but I cant find it.

It's worth a try anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have tried to apply 4 times now for Boots with 4 different emails.

When the page comes up to do the 75 page questionnaire it says click Next to begin but there is no next button anywhere on the page??

Anyone else had this problem?

(Original post by Boreism)
    To get into the interview stage would it depend on the questionnaire that I completed - or the hours and days in terms of flexibility...or both of these? :confused:
    It's the questionnaire mostly. You'll be quizzed on flexibility at the interview.

ReputationRep:
    They don't seem to be releasing that many temp jobs yet except the odd john lewis and boots ones

ReputationRep:
    got an interview with boots for xmas temps, booked the interview. looks like i have memorise the layout of the store.

ReputationRep:
    HMV are also recruiting temps now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.