Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!! I'm planning to find a xmas job too but I'm also planning to go somewhere in January. So, do you know till which date generally will I work if I get one? I really need to know this as I want to buy tickets in advance. So, please, help=))

ReputationRep:
    have got an interview at boots for next week! anyone else here had an interview at boots? what can i expect?? would really appreciate some advise! thanks

ReputationRep:
    ok i just came back from the interview. Now i got a glance at the interviewers sheet. Basically there were 7 boxes. 6 of them were ticked as pass. The top most one was ticked as fail!? What was it that i failed? im presuming that all boots interviewer sheets are going to follow some similar format. If anyone can knidly let me now what itwas, that would be soo great.

Its really messed me up. Im trying to think what i failed!! Maybe it was the cheapest toothpaste? I haded in a 99p boots toothpaste one. Is that right!?

ReputationRep:
    **** I DIDNT GET THE CHEAPEST TOOTHPASTE!!! Theres a 59p one?!!? ARGH

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys will be advertising their Xmas temp jobs "mid-October to commence late November" according to their site.
    I asked about seasonal vacancies in Topshop today and was told "we have the Christmas temp jobs coming up" and they took my CV.
    Argos are also recruiting, you can download an application form from their website.

ReputationRep:
    Aggggh I can't seem to answer that questionnaire properly, twice I've applied twice i've been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand those questionnaires they do.. Boots or Sainsburys or M&S... what the hell do they want from me? I've also tried like twice for each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345)
    I have tried to apply 4 times now for Boots with 4 different emails.

When the page comes up to do the 75 page questionnaire it says click Next to begin but there is no next button anywhere on the page??

Anyone else had this problem?
    Lol...I had the same problem..All you have to do is zoom the page out from 100% to 75%..the button should be there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoodo)
    Handed in CVs at loads of places, with no experience albeit but a 'very impressive CV' (compliment which was given by a president of a Multinational) - Was just wondering how likely I'd get a job at these places (P/T basis over Xmas and possibly beyond)

Gamestation
    Levis (spaces coming up)
    Carphone Warehouse
    Next (readily advertising)
    JJB
    USC (advertising)
    3 Store

I'm also thinking of looking at vacancies at T-Mobile, Orange, and Vodafone as I'm fairly clued up on phones.

Anyone got any stories about any of the companies that I should maybe avoid or try extra hard to get in to one because they're especially good?
    Part of using a CV is to adapt it to the kind of work you're doing. The places you're applying for aren't generally going to be looking for a wonderful academic record; for my first Job at Sainsburys I ignored several of my grades and was successful where others weren't.

ReputationRep:
    royal mail are looking for people!!

ReputationRep:
    royal mail job is a killa lol can you lift 250KG and the typical hours are out of the question but den again a job is a job , i like the night shifts tho

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Royal Mail, I hope I get the job and good luck to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencers are taking people on I think. I've just seen my local store adveritse on the job centre website but it's not on the M&S website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    Marks and Spencers are taking people on I think. I've just seen my local store adveritse on the job centre website but it's not on the M&S website
    You'll probably find lots of places doing that, what with the big push to get people back into work.

ReputationRep:
    got offered the job at m&s but dont think im going to take as its clashing with my 5 hours lecture during 2 days of training day shame really

ReputationRep:
    Just applied to a HMV for Christmas temps!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview for a Christmas Temp at Royal Mail on 30th October! I am kind of nervous but excited. Anyone here had this job or experience on the interview?

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlsGirl)
    I've got an interview for a Christmas Temp at Royal Mail on 30th October! I am kind of nervous but excited. Anyone here had this job or experience on the interview?

Good Luck
    Hiya,

I got an interview too on the 30th October. I applied in 2007 but didnt get the job as they ran out of part time hours, and if its still the same as then, then its not really an interview, they just look at your forms and ask you what shifts you wanna do. What time is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get a job at M&S for xmas. I applied late on Sunday night, passed the 'talent screening' online, booked my interview for Monday at 3pm and by 4pm I had got the job Really quick, I really do advise you keep checking online for vacancies, apparently they go really quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly)
    Hiya,

I got an interview too on the 30th October. I applied in 2007 but didnt get the job as they ran out of part time hours, and if its still the same as then, then its not really an interview, they just look at your forms and ask you what shifts you wanna do. What time is your interview?
    Oooo good luck with the interview! - I hope the interview is the same as what you described! The time for my interview is 9:20am! What about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.