The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
9:00 am, I picked the earliest slot available, so hopefully I'll have the first dibs on shifts :biggrin:
AlsGirl
I've got an interview for a Christmas Temp at Royal Mail on 30th October! I am kind of nervous but excited. Anyone here had this job or experience on the interview?

Good Luck

for the royal mail one do u know which dates it is or do they work around you?
I have applied for Xmas temp position at Debenhams... heard nothing yet.. I am hoping it will be better than the other ones!
polka_dott
I have applied for Xmas temp position at Debenhams... heard nothing yet.. I am hoping it will be better than the other ones!

Me too! I applied for weekend and part-time work. Mind you, I've also applied at Boots (interview today, but they've closed the Christmas temp positions to new applicants now at my local branch), BHS, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Lush... keep checking the HMV website too but no such luck yet. I really really want a Christmas job! I think Debenhams would be a really nice place to work too, nice atmosphere and all, and it's quite big so you might be asked to do lots of different things...
Reply 64
so during what dates are you employed for most of the jobs? And can you get a job if you're at uni but can't come back for an interview? :s-smilie:
Reply 65
None of the large companies such as BHS and marks and spencers are recruiting for christmas staff where i live! Anyone know any other stores? or know of jobs in peterborough?!!
I was gonna suggest BHS :frown: what about a hardware type shop; like B&Q or Homebase or somewhere (dunno if they have them in Peterborough) cos they are usually recruiting.
You could try Boots?
Local post office
Reply 69
i've temped at argos before, was a sweet job.

Gamestation do temps where i live.

So do some of the card shops, just look aruond the highstreet.
Reply 70
Royal Mail, Card Shops ect

I've just filled a ton of applications in and sent my cv's everywhere "/.

If I get nothing I suppose I could be an elf :sigh:
Reply 71
Supermarkets.
geek1233
None of the large companies such as BHS and marks and spencers are recruiting for christmas staff where i live! Anyone know any other stores? or know of jobs in peterborough?!!

HMV, I had a job interview with them today for the Christmas Seasonal position. They really want to hire me they said but they would need to interview everyone today. But I will find out the real truth on Monday. :yep:

Well at least it will be better than where I work - Primark. :rolleyes:

Some supermarkets do Christmas Temps, can't you try there?

Primark might have we've finished recruiting our Christmas staff in Meadowhall in Sheffield, but it all depends on the store location. :p:
I've just had an interview with HMV today in Meadowhall, Sheffield for the Christmas Seasonal position as they call it. The man who interviewed me said he's really interested in hiring me, but the thing is the store policy states that he will need to interview everyone before hiring. So hopefully on Monday he will finally say YES.
Trawl the High Street. Pick a day, print off a bundle of CVs, and dress half decently. Some places will have signs up already, but not everywhere will, so go in and ask to speak with the manager.
Reply 75
Boreism
HMV, I had a job interview with them today for the Christmas Seasonal position. They really want to hire me they said but they would need to interview everyone today. But I will find out the real truth on Monday. :yep:

Well at least it will be better than where I work - Primark. :rolleyes:

Some supermarkets do Christmas Temps, can't you try there?

Primark might have we've finished recruiting our Christmas staff in Meadowhall in Sheffield, but it all depends on the store location. :p:

(Early) congrats on the HMV job. They declined me. D;
amii_G
(Early) congrats on the HMV job. They declined me. D;

I haven't got the job, well maybe not yet because they'll let me know on Monday. :p:
Reply 77
Nowhere has even got back to me. :frown:
Reply 78
its very frustrating that i can't find a job , at least one job, i been looking for it since this January, i have handed out thousands of CVs, filled out about 30 applications forms and even applied thought internet. no luck..i'm find it very difficult with college and personal needs. still have small hope left behind that i will get job soon...
DOes anyone know which dates you have to b e available to work at the royal mail in christmas?

Latest

Trending

Trending