Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooneyouknow)
    It went ok I think, I'll find out by the end of the week. For mine, we had to pick out an outfit for one of five celebs, I got Beyonce, there was Kylie and Sienna Miller as well and a couple fo others I can't remember then explain why you picked that outfit (That was sooo much fun! Perfect time to have a rumage around the shop without loads of other customers). Once we did that we just had a short interview one on one with questions like How would you handle a bad customer? What would you do if you saw a fellow worker giving bad customer service? What can you tell us about your previous work? What are you most proud to accomplish? Have you ever had to cope with people that don't work well and how did you deal with it? How do you keep up with the latest fashion trends? Things like that.
    I wore jeans, a New Look blouse and pumps. Everyone else was pretty much the same, so I'd say wear what you feel great in and preferably something New Look, not totally head to toe but like a shirt or jacket. I think they really just want to get a glimpse of your fashion sense so if you love wearing jeans then wear jeans but if your a skirt kinda person wear them just really show off your styling skills

Good Luck I'm sure you'll do fine!

Wow that sounds like a shop only girls and gay guys should apply to. Keeping up with fashion? Rummaging around and trying to find a dress for a celeb? If that was me I would do something cheeky like get lingerie for Beyonce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mafia128)
    how did your Royal mail interview go..what questions they asked u?
    They don't ask questions, but they did ask me for reasons for why I had gap in my employement history, these were due to summer holidays. I got the job, no interviewing involved, easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stettin)
    Wow that sounds like a shop only girls and gay guys should apply to. Keeping up with fashion? Rummaging around and trying to find a dress for a celeb? If that was me I would do something cheeky like get lingerie for Beyonce
    Haha, didn't get the job so maybe I should've gone with that option :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to apply for temp jobs? I need to write a CV and I was planning on getting it done by Saturday. Do you think that would still be okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly)
    They don't ask questions, but they did ask me for reasons for why I had gap in my employement history, these were due to summer holidays. I got the job, no interviewing involved, easy.
    i have my interview on coming week. i only have 2 work experience in employment history. and it was 2 years ago. does this affect my chance of getting job in Royal mail?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mafia128)
    i have my interview on coming week. i only have 2 work experience in employment history. and it was 2 years ago. does this affect my chance of getting job in Royal mail?
    Let me rephrase my last post, by employment history I meant " recent work, educational experience and non-work related activities". So no, it will no hinder your chances of getting a job with Royal Mail. Just aslong as you tell them what you have been doing in the past 5 years of your life inlcuding work, educational and times when you were on the dole (if any) and school breaks etc AND bring all the documents with you then you practically have the job in the bag, aslong as you can do the hours they have left.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone know of any places still looking for people? I've applied to Royal Mail but my branch/sorting office is full and Sainsburys are full in my area.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah royal mail was fine. I start end of november. And wages are paid every week. Good times, interview was easy. For the people regarding employment history, last time i had a job was 2 years ago, although i was at college in between that. They didn't really ask me any questions, they just make sure your not really weird or anything lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilly)
    Let me rephrase my last post, by employment history I meant " recent work, educational experience and non-work related activities". So no, it will no hinder your chances of getting a job with Royal Mail. Just aslong as you tell them what you have been doing in the past 5 years of your life inlcuding work, educational and times when you were on the dole (if any) and school breaks etc AND bring all the documents with you then you practically have the job in the bag, aslong as you can do the hours they have left.
    thanks Lilly. i asking cos i been searching job for nearly one year now and i don't want to miss the chance i have.

thanks, hopefully ill come back with gud news :P

ReputationRep:
    lol @ Royal Mail. I was applying a job just 3 miles down the road. I had an another window and looked up the other one close to me (20 miles away from me and outside London). I applied to the job and submitted the application.....

Only for me to find out that It was to the job 20 miles out. I tried to submit for my local but it said the job was taken. Thats ******** because they are still advertising for it on the website. :rolleyes: Their website is ******** and poorly made to be honest. How the hell does browsing on an another part affect the entire application? I can't even take down my application.

ReputationRep:
    in the last 5 weeks i have ,
    applied for over 40 jobs, had 5 interviews and 15 rejections.
    still got no job

ReputationRep:
    I know this mite sound out of the blue for some of u as most of u are looking for a job. I am working at Uniqlo but as a Xmas temp and i feel the need to quit as the job is not right for me and I cud b moving to another job, depending on my assessment.

Main question is does anyone know the notice period for a Xmas temp in general, or better yet for uniqlo?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey btw you know you work for unqlo do they mind what shoes you wear and is it an ok place to work just got job there stareting tmorrow.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.