Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My current position:

AS Biology awaiting result- (predicted an A)

BTEC National Certificate in Sport - (average grade due to personal problems and the fact that I found the course painfully tedious.)

When I was sixteen, I decided to take on a BTEC in sport, along with AS biology in my second year. I have since then, decided to ditch a career in sport and embark on a career in medicine.

Thus next year I’ll be studying A2 Biology, AS Chemistry and AS Physics.

As I would be nineteen by September, doing the chemistry and physics will cost unless they are my first level 3 qualification. Therefore the only way around not paying to do my A levels is to reject the BTEC (level 3 qualification) I previously studied for the past two years.

Does anybody think doing so would be a good idea?

I’m aware of the fact that BTECs (of average grade especially) have little weight, if any, towards a medicine application, but it would just seem like such a waste of two years to just reject the qualification.

Advice would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    My current position:

AS Biology awaiting result- (predicted an A)

BTEC National Certificate in Sport - (average grade due to personal problems and the fact that I found the course painfully tedious.)

When I was sixteen, I decided to take on a BTEC in sport, along with AS biology in my second year. I have since then, decided to ditch a career in sport and embark on a career in medicine.

Thus next year I’ll be studying A2 Biology, AS Chemistry and AS Physics.

As I would be nineteen by September, doing the chemistry and physics will cost unless they are my first level 3 qualification. Therefore the only way around not paying to do my A levels is to reject the BTEC (level 3 qualification) I previously studied for the past two years.

Does anybody think doing so would be a good idea?

I’m aware of the fact that BTECs (of average grade especially) have little weight, if any, towards a medicine application, but it would just seem like such a waste of two years to just reject the qualification.

Advice would be appreciated.
    By rejecting it do you mean just not mention that you ever did it so you don't have to pay for your new courses?

If so, i'd say yes do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seyoung1)
    By rejecting it do you mean just not mention that you ever did it so you don't have to pay for your new courses?

If so, i'd say yes do that.
    It means he'll have to contact Edexcel, send his certificates back to them, and they remove that qualification from his name.

OP: If you're completely sure then go for it. The last thing you want is to realise you want to do sport, therefore having to gain that BTEC again.

I'd also try looking to see if you can get at least part-funding for your A-levels, if not, then rejecting the BTEC will be your only way to do them (A-levels) free of charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGX_RSV2)
    It means he'll have to contact Edexcel, send his certificates back to them, and they remove that qualification from his name.

OP: If you're completely sure then go for it. The last thing you want is to realise you want to do sport, therefore having to gain that BTEC again.

I'd also try looking to see if you can get at least part-funding for your A-levels, if not, then rejecting the BTEC will be your only way to do them (A-levels) free of charge.

Oh right thanks.

Yeah in that case i agree with this post. As long as you know you wont ever want to go into a job to do with sport then fine but otherwise i would'nt.

Sorry for the ridiculous advice before

:o:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.