Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*Those* Topshop Bodycon Skirts Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you wear with yours?
    If you don't know the ones I mean, I'm talking about these: http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...9729&langId=-1
    (I know they're everywhere now, not just Topshop- but they're the originals and the ones I have are Topshop colours).
    I have two- the turquoise one and the lilac one and I need some new ideas on how to wear them. I only wear them on nights out (and I only want to really) and always with a black top and a black and gold belt. Does anyone have some suggestions?
    Thanks girls!

ReputationRep:
    For a top I would just say a plain/slighty patterned vest or t-shirt - maybe black or something, as yours are so bright? And pumps or heels and some kind of necklace.

ReputationRep:
    I have the black, coral and turqoise one and i go with the same, black/white vest top with big heels etc. I bought a few bodysuits to wear with also. Not a clue what else!

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear it a la Vivian in Pretty Woman - oversized white shirt tucked into it so that it billows/puffs over slightly.

ReputationRep:
    oh goddd i hate those skirts! EVERYONE has them.
    i dunno... if i had to wear one i'd probably wear an oversized v-neck t-shirt tucked into it so it hangs over the skirt a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen anyone in this city wearing one of those. :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    The Léger rip-offs? Most people wear them with vests tucked in. They're good with voluminous/baggy tops to balance out proportions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I've thought about trying it with white- but then my only comfy heels are black so I'm not sure how I'd tie that together. Ooh and I like the idea of an oversized- will definitely try that.
    Aaaand, yes I know they're not "original" but to be honest, I don't care, I think they look good on me and when you only shop at places like Topshop, New Look, ASOS etc its obvious people are going to have the same. Plus to be honest, I've never been the kind of girl who is "mortified" because she's wearing the same dress/skirt/top as another girl in a club!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiahoneybee)
    Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I've thought about trying it with white- but then my only comfy heels are black so I'm not sure how I'd tie that together. Ooh and I like the idea of an oversized- will definitely try that.
    Aaaand, yes I know they're not "original" but to be honest, I don't care, I think they look good on me and when you only shop at places like Topshop, New Look, ASOS etc its obvious people are going to have the same. Plus to be honest, I've never been the kind of girl who is "mortified" because she's wearing the same dress/skirt/top as another girl in a club!
    I've got this in black...however I'd advise anyone reading don't be cheated by buying them at Topshop. I got mine exactly the same at H&M for 12.49! I also want to know what to wear it with. I've seen one person wear it with a crop top- it looked good.

Does anyone think you can wear these with crop tops?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to start a new thread for this, so:
    Does anyone know if asos.com's sizes are accurate? Please?

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from H&M because I'm cheap like that :p:

I wear mine with leggings and heels/pumps, tight fitting vest top (either tucked in or not) and a nice jacket of the same colour of the skirt

ReputationRep:
    i had one one ,but now everyones wearing them i no longer wear mine, same thing happened with my pvc / rubber leggings which wern't fake or from topshop that always wore ,i cant wear them that much now cos i look like an idiot ..before people used to say i look cool ,ughh stupid trends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Yes, they tend to be.

ReputationRep:
    however ,if you do wear them be careful with the top cos you might end up looking like a lampshade

ReputationRep:
    I've found they're a bit bigger than the normal sizes, I've bought quite a lot from them before.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, mine have always been accurate, so you shouldn't have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I'm about to blow my budget. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I wear my turquoise one with a purple vest top tucked in and a black belt. I've got a cream blouse I'll try with it.

I've got a black one from Primark and I've worn it with a blouse tucked in.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I bought a black Topshop one the other today, it goes with everything :love: looks good with an oversized shirt/top tucked in though. I'll be wearing it with scarf, blazer and black tights when it gets colder too.

ReputationRep:
    Um I would wear mine with a off the shoulder tee and some gladiator heels, or maybe a vest, some chunky wooden bangles and some bright coloured heels x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.