Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey i got my results for my degree and i have the requirements to go do a MSc in civil engineering i was just wondering if anyone has heard from the Uni about their PG accommondation.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When I started I had to send my degree transcript to my department and when they confirmed my place, I got my accommodation a couple of days later.
    I'm not sure if that was only my course though, you should contact either the accommodation office or your department to see what the situation is.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah turns out the lady that did mine only put me as unconditional on friday so im still waiting, what halls did u get? i've applied to en-suite at either Glen or wessex - im scared that i wont get them because that lady messed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemesis24)
    Yeah turns out the lady that did mine only put me as unconditional on friday so im still waiting, what halls did u get? i've applied to en-suite at either Glen or wessex - im scared that i wont get them because that lady messed up
    All 3 years I lived in ensuite PG/mature spaces soon appeared, even if they weren't there to begin with...sure it wont make that much difference (particularly as mature students for undergrad may not have had results).

ReputationRep:
    As far as I was aware, PG students had first pickings on accommodation did they not? I'm intending to return to Halls for my Masters year when it comes round to it as I don't know all that many people on combined honours courses :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    As far as I was aware, PG students had first pickings on accommodation did they not? I'm intending to return to Halls for my Masters year when it comes round to it as I don't know all that many people on combined honours courses :p:
    Can you do that on an undergraduate masters unless you have special circumstances? (as your sig says MMath)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    Can you do that on an undergraduate masters unless you have special circumstances? (as your sig says MMath)
    Well I don't know really, though it was possible to stay in Halls for a second year if I felt the need to, I know of two people in my old flat who did just that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Well I don't know really, though it was possible to stay in Halls for a second year if I felt the need to, I know of two people in my old flat who did just that.
    I think you can apply (decisions made Jan/Feb), but it's only guaranteed to non-EU international students and first years...so may be possible (just not guaranteed like if you were going onto a postgrad masters).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    I think you can apply (decisions made Jan/Feb), but it's only guaranteed to non-EU international students and first years...so may be possible (just not guaranteed like if you were going onto a postgrad masters).
    As halls places have increased over the past few years it is now possible for anyone to stay in halls after their first year, they advertise specifically to attract non first years in. Yes its not guaranteed but the vast majority of those applying before the deadline get it (I worked for the uni for 2.5 years).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    As halls places have increased over the past few years it is now possible for anyone to stay in halls after their first year, they advertise specifically to attract non first years in. Yes its not guaranteed but the vast majority of those applying before the deadline get it (I worked for the uni for 2.5 years).
    That's very interesting to know...(the info re: halls places).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.