Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've searched past threads, but the majority seem to be guys asking :tongue:

I was looking for a messenger bag, big enough to fit a pukka pad, pencil case, water, etc in but that looks nice. Not really boring but not with scary neon flowers on!

I don't really know where I should be looking so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    ive found a really nice one on ebay, its like 75% of the original price - maybe even more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lehane)

I was looking for a messenger bag, big enough to fit a pukka pad, pencil case, water, etc in but that looks nice. Not really boring but not with scary neon flowers on!

I don't really know where I should be looking so if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it
    Have you thought about getting a leather satchel?

ReputationRep:
    Pukka pad
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH RAAAAAAAGE
    As useful as they undoubtedly are the name makes me want to punch a hole in space time while simultaneously cringing to death

ReputationRep:

Something like this?

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...7265&langId=-1

That's a similar one to mine, but I've had it like 3 years Fits all my junk in, has plenty of room for drinks and any other stuff I feel the need to cart along to college, and it still looks in pretty good condition even now.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the bag I have.
    I can fit everything I ever need in it and all the pockets make it really easy to organise

ReputationRep:
    Can you fit everything you need into those bags? I would have thought you would need a bigger one, no?

ReputationRep:
    genuinely....I would go with a backpack.

I tried the whole satchel bag thing for a few months and although my French Connection one is stunning - it's not as handy as a back pack. Yes ok not particularly stylish....but when you're carting back 8 books from the library you'll be glad for the extra support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    I think this is the bag I have.
    I can fit everything I ever need in it and all the pockets make it really easy to organise
    Does that fit A4 pads in? It looks really nice!

ReputationRep:
    Does that fit A4 pads in? It looks really nice!
    hmm...on second looks that definitely isn't mine as it doesn't have the pockets on the side.
    mine's like this one but with purple instead of blue.
    it does fit a4 pads in, I used to carry an A4 book and my 12" laptop in it to college and there was enough room for bits and bobs and my hoodie as well.

ReputationRep:
    this is the very one
    looks a bit darker irl though.

ReputationRep:
    oh my gosh. Are people already shopping for uni. I've hardly prepared a single bit *panics* :0

As for the bag dilemma... I would recommend going to GAP... especially if you want something stylish but functional. Last time i went they had literally massive bags, shoulder ones .. you could easily fit all that you want and more inside. I think the one i saw was navy blue, very understated. so yea. go gap *thumbs up*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahds)
    oh my gosh. Are people already shopping for uni. I've hardly prepared a single bit *panics* :0

As for the bag dilemma... I would recommend going to GAP... especially if you want something stylish but functional. Last time i went they had literally massive bags, shoulder ones .. you could easily fit all that you want and more inside. I think the one i saw was navy blue, very understated. so yea. go gap *thumbs up*
    Tell me about it! One of my best mates bought all her kitchen utensils and shizzle like that MONTHS ago. I haven't bought anything. Nada. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    Tell me about it! One of my best mates bought all her kitchen utensils and shizzle like that MONTHS ago. I haven't bought anything. Nada. :erm:
    say wut :eek: kitchen utensils! That's the last thing i would think of! :/ I'm waiting for confirmation that I'll actually be getting into uni lol, i was hoping to start preparation after results day

ReputationRep:
    Utensils and stuff is what I'll save until after results day as well, but I like stationary and getting bags organised :tongue: I don't care about forks, as long as I have pretty coloured highlighters I'm happy!

ReputationRep:
    I want this, http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront.../923/category/ it has an over the shoulder strap too. guess i'll have to keep dreaming...

ReputationRep:
    i just bought this for when i do have to haul too much shyte around, but i think it'd do pretty well as a uni messenger bag too coz the handle strap thing can be extended.

http://www.tedbaker.com/shop.do?cID=607&pID=6261

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people using these before:
    http://www0.uk.shopping.com/-gola+br...+messenger+bag
    not really my style but fits your needs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I want this, http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront.../923/category/ it has an over the shoulder strap too. guess i'll have to keep dreaming...
    :coma: :coma:

Dayaamnn.

I found a website a few months ago which had handmade leather bags similar to this, however I lost the link. Devastated. They only cost something like 50 quid, too. :puppyeyes:

Edit: btw, if I do find it I'll let you know. Would be selfish not to, after having let my eyes feast on that Mulberry one :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Have you thought about getting a leather satchel?
    Do you know any really nice ones?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.