Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would it be ok for me for for example, go to the gym for about 90 minutes in the morning then go swimming that night? or vice versa?

I'm a little nervous about swimming, I'm not sure how long or far I can go and tbh I really don't want to look like a prat in front of the pretty little lifeguard that is always perched by the poolside! Also, is it ok to wear a bikini instead of a one piece?

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't it be ok?

Bikinis are fine

ReputationRep:
    There will be fatter or uglier or lumpier people there.

ReputationRep:
    of course as long as your not doing both together 7 days a week, you should have one rest day

ReputationRep:
    If you're just starting out, you probably won't be able to sustain an intensity which will make 2 sessions a day worth doing. If you ease yourself into it, though, you 2 sessions a day isn't a worry.

ReputationRep:
    It's doable. I've been doing a gym session followed by swimming recently and I'm not particularly fit right now. It is tiring.

That saying, Chumbaniya has a point worth mentioning regariding being able to sustain an intensity that makes it worthwhile. Might as well give it a go though. If you feel that the gym session is affecting your swimming ability or vice versa then take a step back and ease yourself in gently.

P.S I find that my swimming ability increases tenfold when I'm sharing a lane with a hot guy and don't want to look lame infront of him :P

ReputationRep:
    I swim after gym sessions regularly, its a different type of excercise and its often quite relaxing, i love the water. If you feel like doing it then do it, but dont worry if their are days when u cant be fagged, so long as u keep the original gym routine up ull be fine.

ReputationRep:
    it should help you itll help your muscle recover if your just pottering up and down people at my club come to swimming from the gym too,

and my swimming club like hires halfthe pool during the fitness swim , and we are all like competitive swimmers, noone really cares about anyones swimming ability in the fitness swim, the only people we laugh at are the ones who think they are amazing and then get in and drown , show offs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.