Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There must be a thread on this somewhere, but theres too many to look through.

Got my Declaration Form, and it says to send it back as soon as possible, but my mum said that if i send it to them, and then dont get the grades to get into uni, then il get the loan and have to pay it back with interest when i wont even want it.

Would this happen? I can't believe that Student Finance would give me my loan if i didnt get my grades.

Does anyone know where I can look to find out about this?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    They don't pay the money till the start of term and only if your university place is confirmed so they wouldn't give it to you if you didn't get in. Even if they did you could just ring them and tell them to take the money back out...I think.

ReputationRep:
    They won't give you any money until the uni confirms that you have registered on the course.

ReputationRep:
    You will receive a payment schedule letter and a financial notification. When you have received your A-level results, your university will confirm whether they have accepted you on to the course. During your first week at university, you will need to attend a registration event. It is at this point that you need to show the university your financial documents. This is why there is a delay between starting your course and receiving the first instalment of student finance. You apply this early for administrative reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Douse anyone know how long it takes to get the student loan payments after signing the online declaration form?

ReputationRep:
    About 2 weeks if you have had funding before

About 3 weeks if you haven't (as your NI number needs to be checked which takes 1 week extra)

ReputationRep:
    does this timescale apply to payment of grants too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachmelba24)
    does this timescale apply to payment of grants too
    If you've already received funding this year then when you are reassessed for grants they are scheduled immediately

If not, then it will be about 2 weeks in all cases (as the grant can be paid without the need for for your NI number to be checked)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.